Frame flex problem with happy ending

Lance & Jo

Would like to give thanks to Heartland and especially the customer service and repair center for all their help in repairing our trailer. While nobody wants to have a problem like this it was very gratifying to have Heartland step up to the repair in such a professional manner. Although is was somewhat scary in seeing the front cap and off door side come off it all came back together in what I think is better than new and the guys at the service center found a couple things I had overlooked.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, please show pics and tell us what you did to convince Heartland to remedy your issue. :eek:

Lance & Jo

Was out of town during the repair so don't have any pictures on my computer but will try to get a paper copy to scan in, if so will post later. Bottom line is 4 small gussets around the base of the pin box and 1 large one on each side to support the overhang, all done by Lippert and 1 supporting piece under the bedroom slide done by Heartland.

As to convinceing Heartland I suggest you give customer service a call and explain your problem. Be prepared with VIN # and pictures you can e mail so they can have a good idea of your problem, good luck

artsbighorn

I also have a problem with my pin box flexing.It moves from two &five eighth in. to almost 4 in., hooked up & unhooked between the pin box & the bottom of the overhang.while going down the road i can see movement between overhang & the pinbox.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Art, not saying your has or does not have an issue. I do know for a fact that there has to be some movement/flex or you would really be breaking things. Mine flexs while driving, never tried to measure it, but have had no issues so far. The Horn is 4 years old now. I have had the overhand cover off and cant find anything broken.