Frame issues

Garypowell

Ben,

I have no real idea of where my flex is starting from. So the easy answer to your question is I am taking it in so they can find the problem and then fix it.

I noticed it after recaulking most of the joints and the one on the overhang of the bedroom started to move breaking my new bead. I think over the last year or so in the rear view mirror I have seen the pin box cover and the front cap move independently a slight amount.

Once this trim movement showed up I took pictures both hitched and unhitched and then took a short video showing this joint. During the video you can hear a few thing "popping" and strain noise.

I also put one piece of tape on the pin box cover and one on the front cap so I could see the movement better....and with this I could see the movement. With the white on white I could not define it.

I also reported to Heartland that we had nothing "moving" inside the unit.

Heartland took a week or so but I think the video did the trick. I think we are just very lucky that I recaulked when I did to see the initial movement. My guess is something has "broken" or "given" in the frame but it is only slight now. This way even though they have to take the thing apart we have caught it early enough so there is no major damage.

HL also said they would look at my fiberglass crack on the kitchen/couch slide in the upper left hand corner as you face the slide. I really don't think they are connected (that is the frame flex and the fiberglass crack). My view is that someone put the D seal screw too close to the corner of the wall and it broke out and started the crack. But of course if we are slightly flexing down the road that would be something that has been made worse.

Could not be more pleased with HL in their response. I think this is our last rig but would probably not buy from anyone else.

Here are a couple of the pictures I sent. Not much movement but enough to cause me to ask....and get a favorable solution.

Attachments

• 6 Hitched Door Side.jpg
    6 Hitched Door Side.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 3Unhitched Door Side.jpg
    3Unhitched Door Side.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I will try the tape idea and video as well. Those are great ideas. Let me know what they find please

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
3/8" might be normal. The frame has to flex some or it would break. Call HL service and ask them. Mine moves up and down a bit while moving/driving and has never been a problem in 9 years.

Garypowell

June 20th. I'll get it to them the previous Friday. they had earlier dates but just like you did not fit our schedule.

Can anybody tell me how to get access to the frame in the front to inspect it? How much of the covering needs to be removed?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk