Fresh water question

Is it OK to travel with the trailer while the fresh water is full? Our RW305 holds according to the spec 102 gallons. It takes a long time to fill when I reach the campground and usually someone is behind me waiting at the washout station. I know it is more weight. If I was making hundreds of miles in a day I would carry less but at nearby, less than 100 miles it would be handy.
thanks,
Leigh

szewczyk_john

I have the same trailer but I have never traveled any distance with the tanks full. I usually travel with very little water and fill up when we get to or close to the destination. That said it is made to hold a full tank. I don't see why you couldn't.

Mizmary

Just really watch your weight. In ours the water adds to our pin weight which could make for unsafe driving, overloading the truck axle. Just be aware.

jnbhobe

I run with a full tank because I never know where I'm stopping and I may not have hookups. I do have a bar under my tank too.

MTPockets

I believe the real issue is weight. If you want it and aren't bothered by the added weight, go for it. I choose to run with 1/3 or less. That's 400 lbs. or so, I don't have to lug around.