Fresh Water Tank Vents

We took our maiden trip last week and prior to leaving, I filled the fresh water tank. When traveling, my friend told me water was leaking out the bottom along side the frame behind the tires. It only did this when traveling. Called Heartland and my dealer and they said it was normal and water was coming out of the fresh water tank vent. Heartland said I could just live with it; only fill the tank no more than 2/3 full or attach a hose to the vent and run it below the under belly with an shut off valve, but the valve must be in the open position when filling the tank and when using the pump. I was concerned with the insulation getting wet = mold, but was told the insulation is "normally" above the tanks. Very interesting!! Mike

dbbls59

I have the same problem with my Big Country. I would end up at the campground with half a tank of water. I installed a short section of pipe with a valve on each drain. I close them off when traveling and open them when filling the tank and using the pump. It seems that Heartland could have designed a better system.

jasons09cyclone

Of the five years I have had my cyclone I've had this happen once when I filled it all the way. It had me worried for a half hour till it stopped.. I guess I've never filled to the top before...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rgwilliams69

Anyone know for sure where the fresh water tank vents are on the Cyclone 4100? I have filled to capacity before and had some water dripping off the i-beam frame the ODS. Traced it back to two white water lines coming out of the insulation on the i-beam just aft of the door for the black/grey/grey tank valves. Each line has a connector on it with the opening pointed up (and open) and I think that is where the water is trickling from, assuming that I might have over-filled. If these are the fresh tank vents are they the only two? On the 4100 I think the configuration is two 50 gallon tanks connected together for the 100 gallon capacity, so two lines makes sense.

Anyone else trace these out? Thought I would check before I took some stuff loose to look.

Thanks!

hoefler

On our 06 Landmark, while repairing the tank support, I found that the fresh tank had 4 vents. One to the gravity fill station and 3 to the ground through the belly skin. One in each corner of the tank. I removed 2 of them, left the one to the fill station and one to the ground, which I installed a shut off valve in. Now I can arrive at my new location with a full tank of water.