fridge

torque1911

I have model N611v
Power is plugged in but no green light on fridge just Amber & according to the manual it is running on propane is there a secret to have it run on electric ? Can anybody help ? :(

danemayer

Hi torque1911,

The amber light means the frig is not getting power. Several things to check. 1) make sure the frig is actually plugged in. You may have to remove the outside lower vent to check this. 2) make sure the circuit breaker is not tripped. 3) check for GFI outlets in the kitchen and bathroom. It may have tripped and needs to be reset. 3) If any other 110V devices aren't working, check the campground power. If you're on a 50amp pedestal, if one leg is missing, 1/2 your 110V devices won't work.

torque1911

Was not plugged in ! Plugged in still Amber light !
Plugged in shop light to make sure receptacle was working ! Has power ! It should automatically switch to electric power when I hook up right ! I even tryed turning on & off ! Calling dealer when they open !

wdk450

torque1911:
Does your refrigerator have an icemaker? If so there are 2 plugs in back (1 for the refrigerator heating element, 1 for the icemaker) and you may have just plugged in the icemaker.

Otherwise, make sure your refrig controls are set to "Auto" which reverts to AC power when it is sensed as being present. If set to "Gas" it will stay on Gas even with AC power present. There are fuses on the refrigerator control board. Control board failures happen. Are you still in warranty?

BTW, the lights, switching logic and all the other functions of the control board are powered by 12 volts DC, not 120 volts AC.

torque1911

Picked trailer up on Monday ! No ice maker ! Only 1 plug & 1 receptacle ! These are brand new norcolds & the service guy has never seen these models ! They are researching & when I get this resolved I will report back ! The fridge says automatic on the front 1 button 1 light nothing else ! I am assuming as soon as u plug in @ camp it should change over ! Maybe I got a bad fridge ! Not off to a good start ! I sure hope heartland is reading this and resolve this ASAP ! Very frustrating when you spend $30,000 😞

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Very frustrating, yes. Is someone at HL reading this....probably not. I think sometimes we all forget than HL buys these parts like you would. The warranty and repair of your fridge falls on Norcold. HL might be able to put some pressure on Norcold, hopefully. Your dealer needs to be the one that diagnoses the problem, gets Norcold involved and gets your fridge fixed ASAP. BTW, was the fridge working at your PDI on gas and electric?? Hoping your fridge is fixed real soon so you can go camping again.

torque1911

It's was working when I did the walk thru and the power to the trailer was plugged in ! But being a rookie I did not notice a green light just Amber ! I took the vent cover off last night and noticed it was not plugged in so I plugged it in nothing changed & there is power @ the receptacle I checked ! I will in no way bash HL but somewhere somebody did not inspect the fridge for AC power ! Hopefully simple fix !

danemayer

It seems a bit odd that you have a problem with the frig not running on 110V and find that it's unplugged. I'm wondering if the dealer found that it wasn't running on 110V, started to diagnose, unplugged it, and got distracted and maybe didn't get back to it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm wondering if the fridge went in to a "lock up" mode. You might call Norcold and see if there is a way to "reboot it" so to speak. Everything now has a circuit board to run it. Might be its a simple procedure and gets you back on the road without having to take it back to the dealer.

123camper

I read somewhere on this forum that some folks were using a magnet on a control box somewhere on the back of the frig to reset it. Try searching this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

torque1911

ON these new models u depress power Amber light then push & hold for 10 seconds Amber should turn green ! There Is nothing in the manual on this & my tech got the info from norcold ! Running on electric now 😊