Frig. drain hose ???

Trailer Trash

We have an 09 Bighorn with a Dometic frig., how do I replace the drain hose? It runs from the drain in the frig. down the back and out the vent cover. As it has broken off I have extended it twice but it is too brittle now to do this and has to be changed. Thanks

Bobby A

I had to do mine a few years back, I got the hose from Home Depot I think. Its not that hard, just get on a ladder and open the top vent, you will see the hose about 1/3 of the way down, just enough room to get your hand/arm down to pull it off the nipple that it attaches to. Remove and replace, try to route the new one the same way as mfg. Hope this helps

Birchwood

I replaced the corrugated tubing the third year of ownership with clear plastic tubing.As someone else said access the output at the upper vent and install the new tubing.Quite an easy job but be careful as the fridge tubing is hot at various locations.

jimtoo

Inside your fridge you have a long drain tray under the cooling fins and off to one side you have a small drain that the long one dumps into. This small one will pull out from inside your fridge. It will have some putty around it to seal it and hold it in place. I replace my hose with a piece of an old 1/2" white drinking water hose. It will fit the little spout tight, so no clamp was needed. But on the back side I would tie the hose up with a ziptie or something to support the weight of the hose off the backside of the drain spout. Don't forget to leave enough slack in the hose to make a trap at the bottom to keep a little water in the hose and air from going into the fridge.

Jim M

Trailer Trash

I only have a lower vent cover so I will slide the frig. out from the inside and see if I can get to the hose. Jim, remember meeting you in Gillette. Floyd, send me some $ so I don't have to do this repair.

MTPockets

Inside your fridge you have a long drain tray under the cooling fins and off to one side you have a small drain that the long one dumps into. This small one will pull out from inside your fridge. It will have some putty around it to seal it and hold it in place. I replace my hose with a piece of an old 1/2" white drinking water hose. It will fit the little spout tight, so no clamp was needed. But on the back side I would tie the hose up with a ziptie or something to support the weight of the hose off the backside of the drain spout. Don't forget to leave enough slack in the hose to make a trap at the bottom to keep a little water in the hose and air from going into the fridge.

Jim M
. This is what I did in just a few minutes.. Works fine... I may have gotten the instructions ftom you.

Trailer Trash

I unbolted the frig., slid it out 3-4", now I can see the entire hose , will pick up a new hose in the morning. Thanks to all who helped out.