From underbelly, where is gray tank/valve #1 located?

lakeside

I have a new 2014 Bighorn 3685RL, mfg. date 03/08/2013. I need to gain access to the dump valve on gray tank #1 due to a blockage inside the tank. Where do I find a diagram / picture showing specific tank and valve locations on my 5er?

I don’t have the option of returning my unit to my dealer and having it sit on the lot for a couple months. I have more camping and then winterizing to do before freeze up comes. I am very handy and able to perform most repairs. Thank you.

Lakeside

jnbhobe

It mite be easiest to pull the basement wall and look down from there first, I can see my tank locations from there.

danemayer

Hi Lakeside,

We've got a Water Systems Guide that has a diagram of the water system on p6. The diagram is based on a Landmark, but your BH is probably similar, if not the same.

The gray #1 tank (bathroom) is likely the bottom tank located near the rear of the drop frame. If you take down the front section of the coroplast, you'll be able to trace the outlet pipes back to the tank valve. You probably only have to take down the rear edge of the front section of coroplast and a few screws from each side (which will make it much easier to put it back than if you take it off completely). You'll find an impact wrench does a much better job on removing the coroplast screws than drills or ratchets, which tend to damage the screws.

wdk450

Heartland service has diagrams that they do not normally release, but will release to and individual owner if he has a problem with that area. Call your regional service advisor at Heartland Service.

Also, be aware that you do NOT have to go to your dealer for warranty service - you can go to any RV servicer you choose, just notify Heartland Service in advance. I usually advise using an independent RV servicer who has no RV sales. Then he is dependent on doing a quick job to get paid quickly, and with doing a good job to get repeat business and word of mouth recommendations, to sustain his business. RVServiceReviews.com has both dealer and independent servicers listed, and Heartland Service keeps regional lists of service providers they have had good experiences with.

danemayer

If you want to use independent service under warranty, you must get agreement from Heartland in advance on using a specific servicer.

Dave49

On the 2011 3670 Bighorn the gray tank for the bathroom shower and sink is just before the drop in the frame. The valve you are talking about will have to be tackled from beneath on the curb side. Shouldn't be to difficult if your 2009 is the same place. Good luck on the repair.

lakeside

Thank you for all the great information folks. This site and the support system is wonderfull.

Lakeside