Front AC Not Cooling

Jim_Hull

My Big Country 4010 has a main air conditioner in the rear and another in front for the bedroom. My front unit has quit cooling. The Dometic CC2 thermostat says the interior temp is 32 degrees. I have reset the thermostat following the instructions from Dometic. I have the thermostat set on 65 degrees with the fan set on high. The air coming out of the unit is pretty warm. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jim_Hull

Dan,

No, I checked that. I let it run overnight and it is now reading correctly on the interior temp. It may have healed itself, but I have haddifferent problems with this unit on the last three trips. I will keep an eye on it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, Nancy & Dave (nander) have had the same symptoms. You might pm them to see if there's something similar going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
This happened to us. No, it's not on Celsius either. We called a mobile tech and he replaced the board after being on the phone with Dometic. The tech asked if we had been near salt water because the board was very corroded. We have only had this rig for about 6 weeks and no we haven't been near salt water. When we got this error, the compressor appeared to freeze up and yes, we did have water come out of the ceiling once. We did get this error once more, but now it is working. We have the temp set at 72. I'm going to crank it down to 70 and see what happens.

I "heard" Dometic had a bad shipment from China.

SNOKING

We had the front unit running several hours. It has gone off and reads 32 degrees for inside temperature. Something is going on here!

We are experiencing the same 32 degree issue on the bedroom unit. I was intermittent at first but now it has been that way for two days. We are taking are our 2015 Key Largo in for warranty service next week so hopefully they will solve this issue

danemayer

Maybe a silly question - but it seems odd that there would be a failure mode where the display reads a set point of 32 degrees.

Any chance that it's displaying an error code that looks similar to 32? The error codes in the manual all look like they start with the letter E.

Maybe shine a flashlight on the display to get a clear reading.

SNOKING

Scott at CS told me this morning is you see 32 degrees for inside temp, it is an indication of frosting in the unit.

Jim_Hull

I have a mobile tech coming this morning, so I am anxious to see what he says. Last night this unit would run and cool, but when the fan shut off (in auto mode) it sounded like the compressor keeps running. I am beginning to think my front unit is a lemon.

NHCelt

Your unit has iced up. My did the same thing when it was frozen. Seems like the biggest reason is air mixing...

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

I have a mobile tech coming this morning, so I am anxious to see what he says. Last night this unit would run and cool, but when the fan shut off (in auto mode) it sounded like the compressor keeps running. I am beginning to think my front unit is a lemon.

Look at the pictures in post #19 and have him seal these four unused mounting holes if you have them. Also check the for leaks in the ducking under the unit. The left front corner of both of ours was not seal on the vertical corner below the unit.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ondsentation-into-interior-2016-Madison/page2

Chris

We are having the 32 degree issue as well on our 2015 Key Largo bedroom A/C unit. We have it in the dealer for repairs and they will be replacing the A/C unit. Unfortunately they are backordered at the manufacturer and it won't ship until next week.

Relayman

I just purchased a 2017 Big Horn , the day we got it home, we were setting it up ( excited of course ). well the front ac quit working..thew an E1 code..there was a puddle on the carpet..and water on the bed spread. we also noticed watermarks on the ceiling panels. ( they went away after awhile) has anyone experienced this ? what was the recourse? the dealer sent a tech to pick it up and take it to the shop. common issue ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I just purchased a 2017 Big Horn , the day we got it home, we were setting it up ( excited of course ). well the front ac quit working..thew an E1 code..there was a puddle on the carpet..and water on the bed spread. we also noticed watermarks on the ceiling panels. ( they went away after awhile) has anyone experienced this ? what was the recourse? the dealer sent a tech to pick it up and take it to the shop. common issue ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Call Heartland. Everyone with new rigs is having problems. I would not let the dealer work on it until Heartland has a solution to what is going on. Look at the pictures I posted earlier in this thread about the four extra mounting holes. There also seems to be a lot of construction/installation issues also. Sky lights that cut into ducts and we had a gap in the corner of the plenem on the front left corner on both of ours. Some are reporting ducts that are open at the end etc. Heartland needs to address this for all the units coming off the line.

Please report back what Heartland tells you. We are about to moving into ours full time and this is going to be a big issue for us.

Chris

We had the intermittent 32 degree shutdown problem on our bedroom AC unit and then the same thing started on the living room unit. The dealer just replaced both units under warranty. Hopefully these gremlins are gone now and we will have a livable home again.

Jim_Hull

My dealer is just waiting on the new unit to replace mine under warranty as well. I too hope this cures the problems.