Front hydraulic legs don't extend. Retraction wasn't so smooth. Can't locate the breaker or opening for crank

danemayer

Hi Kuhndog,

First thing to check is the battery. Most of the power for the hydraulics comes from the battery. If your battery is depleted or near end of life, you may not have enough power to operate the front legs.

Although your symptom is different, we have an owner-written Hydraulic Slide Starts and Stops user guide that may be helpful in locating the components and understanding how the power flows. Our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide may also help.

You may also have a malfunctioning switch. If you have a rocker switch that operates stabilizers, it's probably the same switch and as a workaround, you could swap switches. Before disconnecting any wires, use your smart phone to take a clear picture showing how the wires attach on each switch.

mlpeloquin

If it is your battery, plug your truck in and the truck's battery and alternator will be able to raise and lower the hydraulic lifts. That is what I did the first time i forgot to turn off my battery disconnect. After a month the batteries did not have enough juice left to run the hydraulic lifts. I have not forgotten since.

asherwin

I had similar symptoms as I headed south this fall. I initially ignored it but at our next overnight stop the front legs extended part way then stopped They would not extend further or retract. Investigation determined it was the hydraulic system solenoid. Was able to retract front legs using cordless drill. At our next stop (Myrtle Beach) we were able to get mobile tech to come out and replace the defective part.