Frustration with Dish Tailgater and my Big Country 3650RL

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Isn't Nevada where Area 51 is? Maybe the Aliens have something to do with loss of signal :)

mbenedict

How long is the cable from the Tailgater to the UDC connection? There is a limit to how long the system will tolerate. The cabling through the trailer has to be included when you look at the connected length.

Westwind

I'm in the process of beginning to trouble shoot the UDC Satellite connections, we were able to set up our Tailgater and get it to work by fishing the cable through the slide out gaskets and routed it to the TV and we were able to use it for 3 months. I want to be able to use the UDC as it was intended, it will make connecting the Satellite to the TV easily and quickly, plus my wife doesn't like looking at the cord and I will be able to leave everything connected inside the fifth wheel.
I've checked the UDC connections and they are tight, so it's time to look under the slideout. I've had electrical problems in the electrical box under that slide so I won't be surprised to find something else. I did notice that at the TV connection in the main storage compartment wall there is a splitter behind the wall and it isn't one rated for satellite. That's on my upgrade/correct list. Everyone's suggestions help and I will post what I end up finding and doing to correct the problem.