Good Sam RV Tour Events

turtletex

Could someone let me know if the Good Sam RV Tours are worth the money they show on there website? Or does someone have any RV group tour references that we could check out.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It seems to me they are too expensive as you can do the same thing on your own. But then again if you like to travel in a group it might your thing. On the other hand, my mother used to tell me their is safety in numbers. So I guess it depends on where you are traveling. I would not even think of going to Mexico in the RV on our own.

Wharton

We have always used Tracks to Adventure and felt they were top of the line. The reason we use a tour company is so we don't miss something important if we are planning to go to that area only once. We have used Tracks for Australia, New Zealand, Alaska, Maritime Islands(CN), Mexico(Piggy Back Train) and South Africa. Wouldn't waste my money on them for a basic US tour unless it was something special.

We looked into using them for the Rose Parade. I actually had a comparison chart as to what was included in the various tour companies. If I recall the prices ranged from $1000-$2400. After looking at what was offered we took the $1000 one. Yes the CG wasn't on the bay, yes we had to travel further distances by bus, yes we didn't have a tour of Hollywood(big deal!) but we go to decorate a float for a day which was a highlight of our trip.

Get the info on all the tours as to where you want to go and compare them as to what you are interested in.