Goodyear announces American made trailer tires

avvidclif

Why wouldn't it help the RV'ers?????? It's a trailer tire. The 255/16 is rated for over 4000 lbs and 87 MPH. And they are priced below $200....

Gary521

If you check the link that porthole provided, it talks about 16" tires. The picture in the link also shows a 16" tire.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I certainly hope these are better than the Goodyear Marathon trailer tires.

I am needing to buy a new set of 15's for the Prowler in the next couple of months.

I've been leaning toward the Maxxis 8008's.

brianlajoie

The link shows 16" tires, but who would put a load range "E" tires back on their trailer? With our big fifth wheels, load range "E" tires are near their max load. Go idea, but I'll stick to what I got (GY 614s).

mlpeloquin

You might give Goodyear a call and ask if they will repair your rig if they blow. 4000lbs, 87mph, and built in the USA seems to be light years ahead of the Marathon tires.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
How long have the Sailun's been out?
Who has what mileage on them?

I think some of the earlier Bighorns came with them from Heartland, before they Switched to TowMax.

I know of one owner that had them OEM, and when he needed new tires years later, put a second set on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The link shows 16" tires, but who would put a load range "E" tires back on their trailer? With our big fifth wheels, load range "E" tires are near their max load. Go idea, but I'll stick to what I got (GY 614s).

The target for these tires looks to be utility, boat and smaller travel trailers. A dump box trailer would easily require a load range E 16" Tire.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think some of the earlier Bighorns came with them from Heartland, before they Switched to TowMax.

I know of one owner that had them OEM, and when he needed new tires years later, put a second set on.

I think the Bighorns and toy haulers from Heartland are now coming with Sailuns!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the Bighorns and toy haulers from Heartland are now coming with Sailuns!

Yes, even our Big Country came with Sailuns.

My understanding is that 2017 Landmarks will come with Sailun 17.5" H rated tires, with Goodyear 17.5" H rated G114 as an upgrade.