Goodyear G614 Tires from Heartland, Road Hazard Warranty?

funntheson

I bought my fiver just over a year ago. I upgraded to the Goodyear G614's when I placed the order. I was just walking by my trailer and I spotted a nail sticking out of the tire.

I'm wondering if there is any kind of road hazard warranty on these tires, or if I am on my own?

The nail is in the top of the tire, but unfortunately it is very close to the side.

jnbhobe

Well first things first, No road hazard warranty !! Second is are you sure its all the way thru the tire?? If it is a good tire shop or truck tire shop should be able to patch it if its on the tread. I had one a couple of years ago that was a long nail on the edge would have been an easy patch but the tip of the nail rubbed a spot in the sidewall and that was not repairable, and the tire never got below 65 lbs of air. The other option is to patch the tire and put it on the spare and run your spare on you rig.

funntheson

I am not sure if it is all of the way through the tire, but the only way to find out is to pull it out. I pulled gently on the nail, and it wouldn't move. I don't believe I have lost any air yet, so I am just trying to decide what to do. I will probably have to remove the whole tire and take it to a tire shop.

jnbhobe

I am not sure if it is all of the way through the tire, but the only way to find out is to pull it out. I pulled gently on the nail, and it wouldn't move. I don't believe I have lost any air yet, so I am just trying to decide what to do. I will probably have to remove the whole tire and take it to a tire shop.

Pour some soapy water over it and wiggle it a little, see if it bubbles. If not pull it out, if it leaks then take it off and have it repaired.

funntheson

Pour some soapy water over it and wiggle it a little, see if it bubbles. If not pull it out, if it leaks then take it off and have it repaired.

Yeah, I thought of doing that. I will give it a shot tomorrow, when I have better lighting.

funntheson

Well, I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I took out some soapy water and poured it over the nail. No bubbles, so I pulled the nail out, still no bubbles. My air pressure has not changed in the hour plus since I pulled the nail out, so it looks like I got lucky!

It was a 2"+ finish nail that was in head first. Fortunately it bent, so less than half of it was actually in the tire. It left a nail sized hole in the tire.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Larry, you did good. Go have a piece of Jodi's apple pie and glass of milk. Your good to go now.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The G614's have a lot of rubber on the tread section. They're supposedly re-groovable though I doubt I would ever get that done. As you said, you got lucky. Maybe you should mark the spot and keep an eye on it. Watch the PSI too.

funntheson

Good idea Bob, but first I have to get her to make another one.Maybe I can get her to make her homemade chicken pot pie when we go to Prado next weekend. That sounds really good right now.

Ray, I will definately keep an eye on it.

Larry