Goose Island State Park

CTD2005

Our first time staying at Goose Island in Rockport, Texas. Very nice park, they have a wooded area and a beach area. We are in the wooded area on this trip. On our next visit we are thinking we will try staying in the beach area.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341757939.120909.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucwinters

We'll probably spend a few days there after Labor Day weekend. Like to stay on the bayside since have a nice view of sunrise and sunset over the bay. Another plus is the breeze off the bay helps (somewhat) keep the mosquitos away.
Last year the state tore down the site pavilons and put up new ones at the bayside sites.

Ed W.

CTD2005

We'll probably spend a few days there after Labor Day weekend. Like to stay on the bayside since have a nice view of sunrise and sunset over the bay. Another plus is the breeze off the bay helps (somewhat) keep the mosquitos away.
Last year the state tore down the site pavilons and put up new ones at the bayside sites.

Ed W.

The new pavilions are very nice. The view is great. Was hanging out at the pier last night and the breeze was non stop, & no bugs.

pegmikef

Have they finished the renovation yet? When we were there in the early spring last year, they had the right side (as you cross the bridge to the waterfront sites) all torn up and you had to stay on the left at the old sites. They were supposed to finish the left side this year. If the wind was like last year, you won't have to worry about using your awning. A very nice and well maintained park and convenient to Rockport.

CTD2005

Have they finished the renovation yet? When we were there in the early spring last year, they had the right side (as you cross the bridge to the waterfront sites) all torn up and you had to stay on the left at the old sites. They were supposed to finish the left side this year. If the wind was like last year, you won't have to worry about using your awning. A very nice and well maintained park and convenient to Rockport.

Yes, all the pavilions are finished and very nice. So far I have only seen 2 rigs that are brave enough to try their awnings, lol.

CTD2005

While we werepacking up and breaking down camp, a TPWD truck pulled up to our site. They werelooking for the electric panel which happened to be at the back of our site(153). He introduced himself to me and said is in an Electrical Engineer forTPWD. They are looking at what it will take to upgrade most of the sites to50amp and add sewer hookups. Of course he didn't have info on when they wouldbe doing it but they are looking into upgrading the park sometime to fullhookups and 50amp service. I told him IMHO I feel that would certainly get themmore consistent flow of campers in the park.

ltheis

We have not stayed there yet but are looking forward to a few days there over Labor day, Hope the skeeters aren't to bad.