Hate My Sofa

imchud

Anybody ever yank out their sofa and replace it with something comfortable, I would love to do it but i'm not sure how to get it out of the camper. Well... the more I think about it, i think it can be un-bolted then removed? but the trick would be to find something to fit into its place, let alone how to get it through the door. anybody ever replace the sofa???

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our cat's use the sofa (at least the back of it) to sleep on or watch the wildlife. We use the recliners.

jayc

Legendary Member
Our dogs use the sofa, one on the back, looking out the window and the other on the cushions. We put blankets down for them to lay on.I have some friends that removed their sofa. They took the blow-up mattress out to lighten it some and then just muscled it out.

rick_debbie_gallant

We took apart the sofa, took it out of the rig and put it back together. We also took out the revolving recliners.

The sofa is replaced with theater seating recliners. We only have the table and the theater seating now. I usually fall asleep in my recliner!!

alanfred

We are ordering our BC 3690Sl without the sofa and recliners. Just hope I can find replacements that fit.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, I don't know exactly when Heartland started using the Flair Air Bed. Our 07 has the prior edition of a regular pull out sleeper. The back can be removed by Pulling it straight up and out of the slots. We replaced ours with a Loveseat Recliner by Ashley. It's a "wall away" so we can put it almost right up against the slide window. Since the loveseat is a little shorter than the sleeper was, we added an 8" fold down shelf to the side wall of the slide out.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Tom, I don't know exactly when Heartland started using the Flair Air Bed. Our 07 has the prior edition of a regular pull out sleeper. The back can be removed by Pulling it straight up and out of the slots. We replaced ours with a Loveseat Recliner by Ashley. It's a "wall away" so we can put it almost right up against the slide window. Since the loveseat is a little shorter than the sleeper was, we added an 8" fold down shelf to the side wall of the slide out.

We replaced our recliners with a Loveseat Recliner from Ashley also. Very comfortable. It fit through the door but it is really heavy. We kept the sofa but rarely ever sit on it because the loveseat is so comfortable.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ray, can you post a pic of the love seat and fold-down table? Sounds like a good solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, can you post a pic of the love seat and fold-down table? Sounds like a good solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have pics of the love seat but I don't know if the shelf is showing. Or the pic may have been taken prior to the shelf install. The shelf is on the same type folding bracket as our kitchen counter extension. I've only found these folding brackets at Menard's which is an "up north" home center. The rig is in FL but I'll post what I have. BTW, the brackets are available in both 8" & 12" depth. They may be available on line.

Attachments

• 100_0541.JPG
    100_0541.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Snoozin before.jpg
    Snoozin before.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IM000007.jpg
    IM000007.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 213

imchud

When you replaced yours did you have to take apart the new one to get it through the door?? Thanks

PeternLiane

I have pics of the love seat but I don't know if the shelf is showing. Or the pic may have been taken prior to the shelf install. The shelf is on the same type folding bracket as our kitchen counter extension. I've only found these folding brackets at Menard's which is an "up north" home center. The rig is in FL but I'll post what I have. BTW, the brackets are available in both 8" & 12" depth. They may be available on line.

That looks awesome. I wonder it it would work in a NT.

Ray LeTourneau

When you replaced yours did you have to take apart the new one to get it through the door?? Thanks
No, the new love seat doesn't have removable backs. I used a picnic table at the door opening, stood the love seat on end and tweaked it through the door. No problem actually.
Different furniture brands may have removable backs. I know for sure Lazyboy does.

imchud

No, the new love seat doesn't have removable backs. I used a picnic table at the door opening, stood the love seat on end and tweaked it through the door. No problem actually.
Different furniture brands may have removable backs. I know for sure Lazyboy does.

Thanks for your help... I going to change mine out this next week

Tom

Crumgater

We replaced out recliners with a wall-hugger reclining love seat, too.

The door in our Elkridge is actually quite big - the recliners were much harder (and heavier) to move than the love seat.

So far, we're keeping the air mattress sofa - we have too much stuff in the drawer underneath it, and when you put an ottoman in front of it, it's not bad. Of course, the dog likes it with or without the ottoman... and, she'll take either sofa or loveseat... never mind the view! (please excuse the mess... we tend to "live" in our RV when we take it out)

P1030795.jpgP1030797.jpg