Headin South

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I are leaving tomorrow. After a weekend visit with our Son & his family in Dixon, IL we'll be making our way to Charleston for the Rally at Oak Plantation and to deliver a package. After spending a month in Charleston we'll head into FL for the rest of the winter. Hope to meet some Heartland Owners along the way. And test the Mifi in a 4G area.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Looking forward to seeing you again-I know you are tired of hauling the package all around the country. LOL

ncc1701e

Ray,

What is your general route if I may ask? We leave next Thursday (27th) for Townsend, TN in the smokies to enjoy the fall color for a few days and then on to Charleston for the Rally. Looking at a in route stop around Ashville for a couple days.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray,

What is your general route if I may ask? We leave next Thursday (27th) for Townsend, TN in the smokies to enjoy the fall color for a few days and then on to Charleston for the Rally. Looking at a in route stop around Ashville for a couple days.
South through KY on I75 with one night at Whispering Hills RV Park north of Georgetown, then arriving in Pigeon Forge at Creekside RV Park on the 26th for 4 nites before heading to Charleston. We've never been to Dollywood so...

Rodbuster

Ray, may you and your family have a safe trip.
Hope to meet you at the RV show in Tampa in January.

Dick

ncc1701e

Ray,

We're staying at Big Meadows Family Campground in Townsend, TN. Townsend is more or less the other side of the ridge from Piegon Forge.

Delaine and Lindy

Come on down to Fla, we are at our winter site we left about 3 weeks early and spent a week in Panama City, Fla. but we are now in Sebring, Fla. until April 2012. Happy Trails....

Speedy

Safe travel Ray. Hope to see you and your better half at our first rally (Wisconsin, Aug).

Take care and God Speed.

Ray LeTourneau

Come on down to Fla, we are at our winter site we left about 3 weeks early and spent a week in Panama City, Fla. but we are now in Sebring, Fla. until April 2012. Happy Trails....
We will be in Wauchula for February. We had a site reserved in Sebring but found out they have a 20# weight limit on dogs. Suzi's a tad heavier than that.:rolleyes: At least they (Highland Wheel Estates) refunded our deposit.
Let us know where you are and we'll plan a visit.

Ray LeTourneau

We had a great tail wind on the way to Dixon today. Would ya believe 13.5 mpg. That was a real surprise. We're here for 4 nights then on to Pigeon Forge.

Delaine and Lindy

Hi Ray, we had the same issue when we had our furr kid Montana (20lb weight limit) has weight was 102lbs, he has gone to the Rainbow bridge, this is the only negative we have found. Its a older park, several park models but it seems to be turning into a RV park little by little. I'm 65 years old and we are the young couple in the park?? Everyone is so very nice, and its kinda like a small family. Have fun during your stay in Tennessee. Happy Trails....

ncc1701e

Ray, I hope you guys are enjoying this wonderful weather in the Piegon Forge area. I think we drove in rain all day as we crossed TN. We're across the hillside in Townsend, TN at Big Meadows Family Campground. Just saw the weather, even with the rain this is better than what is going on a little north of here with the possibility of snow. Looks like we're headed to Dollywood tomorrow. It is the last day for an annual craft festival held every year at the park. Have a great day.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, I hope you guys are enjoying this wonderful weather in the Piegon Forge area. I think we drove in rain all day as we crossed TN. We're across the hillside in Townsend, TN at Big Meadows Family Campground. Just saw the weather, even with the rain this is better than what is going on a little north of here with the possibility of snow. Looks like we're headed to Dollywood tomorrow. It is the last day for an annual craft festival held every year at the park. Have a great day.
We pretty much holed up most of the day in the rig. We did take a short trip for some groceries. Saw the show at Dixie Stampede last night. Good entertainment and great food. We passed on Dollywood due to the weather. Hope to do some other tourist stuff tomorrow. If you're coming up 321 to Pigeon Forge, we're right off of 321 on Henderson Springs Rd. Creekside RV Park. Site 18.

jbeletti

Ray,

We'll be passing by where you are on Tuesday - though you may be moving on too - since we're heading to the same place (Charleston, SC) :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ray - we camped at Creekside many times with our smaller coaches (KZ & Sundance) but haven't been there in the last couple of years. Glad to hear that they are working on improving the campground. Do they still have the murals on the bathroom walls? See ya'll in Charleston.

Ray LeTourneau

We took a scenic ride to Cades Cove today. Beautiful scenery and awesome roads but lots of nasty traffic. Then we (I) pigged out at Golden Corral tonight. Ready to leave as early as I can get Lin out of bed. Larry, don't tell her I said that.:eek: We'll be dropping off a package at Sumter, SC then on to Charleston.

Nathan, I never used the facilities here. Too easy to take care of business in the rig I guess. Nice park though. Pretty quiet once the locals are home. Lookin out our rear window, Henderson Springs Road road is at eye level and about 10 feet away from the rig. I hope that guard rail is strong.

ncc1701e

Ray, Before you leave you have to go to Mel's Dinner right there on the corner and have a "Fried Balony" samwich. I have to have one every time we are in the area. Wife has a "no fried balony" rule at home. LOL.