HEARTLAND AUDIT COMPANY

ARTSTOY

WATCHED A VIDEO, TALKING ABOUT HEARTLANDS AUDIT DEPARTMENT THAT DOES THE FINAL QC.
I would love to go through a walkthrough with the people in this position,

NOTE, I edited my original comment down and removed that part, I need to say something here, I've never had a upper dept manager contact me about issues with any of my RVs, I'm going to tell you, Ryan Duley from heartland RV just impressed the **** out of me, granted I'm having issues with several parts of this 22 road warrior 351 biggest being the slide at this time, this man made me feel a lot better about this company, been the first time since we started buying RVs I may actually get some assistance. May have found my brand.

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

The time to walk away from a purchase is when you personally inspect the quality of the RV that you intend to buy. Based on your post, I don't believe that this RV lives up to your expectations. In my mind, the responsibility for quality assurance resides with a through Pre Delivery Inspection. If your tone, with your venting post, is how you are approaching your dealership, or Heartland, I don't think you're going to get much support? Good luck getting your issues adjusted.

RoadJunkie

I hope you're not confusing my reply as an excuse, or even a positive response, for Heartland's lack of quality control. My point is that if, after an extensive Pre Delivery Inspection, a potential customer doesn't agree with a level of quality that they expect (for $90,000.00), then they should walk away. Simply don't buy a product that you know you won't make you satisfied.

P.S. Yelling, with all caps, doesn't make your points any clearer.

taskswap

This is an owner's forum, not a manufacturer's one. If you don't get the response you want it's because you're writing all caps and it's considered rude, not because anybody disagrees with you about the quality. take a few minutes and go through other threads here. About every 10th thread is about the lack of quality. It's just... not exactly news lol.

ARTSTOY

I hope you're not confusing my reply as an excuse, or even a positive response, for Heartland's lack of quality control. My point is that if, after an extensive Pre Delivery Inspection, a potential customer doesn't agree with a level of quality that they expect (for $90,000.00), then they should walk away. Simply don't buy a product that you know you won't make you satisfied.

P.S. Yelling, with all caps, doesn't make your points any clearer.
THAT WAS ME JUST BEING LAZY ON MY COMPANY COMPUTER, WE USE ALL CAPS ON WORK ORDERS. You could spend all the time in the world going through these things, some stuff you just cant see, would have to be inspected by department, that's how we did with our limos. One that stands out in particular when I moved the switches to a much more convenient location and made them serviceable, was a wire draped across the aluminum frame for the bed above the garage as you exit the kitchen, found it when I had to remove the paneling the switches were in it was smashed between the frame and the board for the bed, funny thing is, there were holes in the frame with a grommets through them that the wire was designed to go through, behind these switches there is a fuse holder (blade type) going to one of the switches, no real way to get to it, no rhyme or reason to it, its just those little details that infuriates me. Do I like the rv yes, did I expect to have to fix or change **** yes. But when you bring it up and someone tells you that you must take it to a qualified service center and pretty much leave it till whenever, my first thought is, but didn't it come from one of those when it was built.
Out of the last three I have owned its become the norm. kind of like our economy, it would of been no harder to fix it right when it was made than to fix it like this. Sad part is, chance is very good that the slide and frame are out of square with one another, how it shifted this much Im not sure just yet. But it has gotten worse since day 1 bringing it home, I have no issue taking on minimal stuff, but not equipped to pull a slide out, the recommendation at this point from Norco Bal rv who makes the slide out for this particular rig, is having rollers installed, and have camper level checked, they feel all of these slides should be on rollers not slide wear bars. makes one wonder why they are not.

ARTSTOY

This is an owner's forum, not a manufacturer's one. If you don't get the response you want it's because you're writing all caps and it's considered rude, not because anybody disagrees with you about the quality. take a few minutes and go through other threads here. About every 10th thread is about the lack of quality. It's just... not exactly news lol.
I will tell you heartland is following this forum, no doubt.