Heartlands in Coastal Texas

cjbearden

Visitor
Saw a Cyclone and Big Country parked at Sandollar RV Park in Rockport, TX and another Cyclone parked at Ransom Rd RV Park in Aransas Pass, TX. No one home at any of the sites. The two HLs at Sandollar RV looked long-term.

cjbearden

Visitor
Winter Texans Winter Mini Rally?

Sounds great, Ray, maybe for a "day" get together for the HL Winter Texans at one of the coastal state parks for a potluck luncheon and gabfest. We are not familiar with all the facilities that might be available for such an event. The RV parks in the area are going to be pretty full so choosing an RV park's meeting pavilion might pose a vehicle parking problem.

Is there a central location with large restaurant to handle a 'group'? Let's hear from those planning to be in the Corpus Christi/coastal bay vicinity for the winter for suggestions on meeting places and dates.

This will be our first winter in the area so all suggestions accepted. :rolleyes:

sharmulst

On our travel from Montana to Washington today we had a North Trail with Texas license pass us on I90 at MM18 in Montana. He passed again in Washington. Then as we were on I90 at Ritzville, WA we met a Bighorn.
Anyone from the forum. We are in Soap Lake, WA for a few days.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray: you previously had mentioned a winter rally... anything new?

EH!
Nothing recent. It seems there are a good number of us in that area though. I suppose I could pick a date and an alternate date and decide a location once we get down there. On Padre Island there is Bali Park. It's very convenient, has good parking and they even have RV spots with water & elec if anyone wants to spend a night or 2. It would probably be the best place to use. The State park requires an admission fee. I have a thread on this gathering started in another spot. I'll have to find it and update it and see again, what kind of response there is. Things are lookin up and fuel is comin down a bit too. Yippee.

Mariposa

Big Horns

while stop at Boomtown, just west of Reno, Nev another Big Horn has pulled in to the RV park. no around when I am around
Yesterday, 7-29-08, saw a Big Horn south bound US395 near Carson City. We were trailerless at the time.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Winter rally in south Texas...let me know when and where...if we can swing it we're there!!! We'll be in the RGV the entire winter...coastal bend isn't that far...

cjbearden

Visitor
Ray,

Jay and Stella may be interested in the mini-Winter Rally also. Sounds like interest is growing. Topic for discussion during October Houston Rally! I thought I remembered reading a previous thread from you, Ray, so maybe all the responses regarding the Winter Rally can be grouped under Rally - Winter Texans. JMO

If others who have attended rallies of the Heartland Family are like us, a short time after the rally we get to missing everyone so being able to get together every four months or so at some HL Rally is a big morale booster.
CJ and JD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,

Jay and Stella may be interested in the mini-Winter Rally also. Sounds like interest is growing. Topic for discussion during October Houston Rally! I thought I remembered reading a previous thread from you, Ray, so maybe all the responses regarding the Winter Rally can be grouped under Rally - Winter Texans. JMO

If others who have attended rallies of the Heartland Family are like us, a short time after the rally we get to missing everyone so being able to get together every four months or so at some HL Rally is a big morale booster.
CJ and JD
Great idea discussing it at the fall Houston Rally. Most everyone there could be a candidate for a Winter Gathering/Cookout. Lets table it till then and we'll still have a couple of months to get the word out.