Height of 2011 Heartland 3055 RL BIG HORN

ggg911

I am considering having a second air (low profile) installed and also some vent covers. I am concerned that if the height listed in specs is 12ft 11.5 in then how do I know where that measurement is taken from and does the addition of those items effectively add to that height or might they already be taken into consideration. Thanks

jimtoo

Hi ggg911,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed. I see you have been a member for a little while, hope you have found the forum a good place for information.

I have a 08, 3055RL with the dual A/C's. I measured mine, hooked up, loaded, ready to hit the road. It was 13' 2" at the highest point, which was the front A/C. I tow with unit setting level on a 1 ton dually GMC. The best thing to do is hook up and measure, then you know for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

We have a 2009 Big Horn 3600RL. We have 2 air conditioners, the front one is the low profile and also have vent covers. The front air conditioner is my highest point and it measures 13 ft. 4 in. to the ground hitched to the truck & sitting level. If you want to measure yours, get a 1 x 2, 6' long, sit it on top of the air conditioner or the highest point, put a small level on the 1 x 2 and drop a tape measure from the end of the 1 x 2 to the ground and check height. If you don't have a flexible tape measure, attach a piece of rope to the end of the 1 x 2 and measure the rope.

DRGalligher

Hello and welcome! We have a 2011 3055RL and just added a second AC low profile. It is lower than the original (over the kitchen area) AC so we don't worry about it. It's the Penguin low profile. We don't have any vent covers added so I'm sorry I can't offer information on that.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My 2011 has a low profile second air (high point)and measures somewhere between 13' and 13'2" depending how much air I have in the bags. In short, don't try to go under anything less than 13'6", IMHO. Trace

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hello and welcome. Our old Big Country 3250 with vent covers & 2nd AC was 13'4" tall at the highest point. Have not measure the new BC 3650 yet. Probably the same.

Last edited:

ggg911

Thanks to all who responded and made suggestions. I really appreciate the assistance. Have great travels. ggg911