Here's what I learned this weekend

srgt30

At PDI salesman told me that the rear bathroom holding tank was a combo black/grey for the garage bath. Also from other posts here seems that's what others have as well. Tank level gauge has never worked in that bathroom so on this, our final trip I decided to fill the tank to top and flush it good. Ran bah faucet for 30 min and gauge still showed empty soi figure gauge is def broke, no big deal. Just as I'm about to shut off water wife yells that the kitchen sink is filling up. Another test and its confirmed, my rear bath holding tank is a black only, grey water goes to galley grey tank. Did I miss something and everybody's is like this or did I just get the special one.:rolleyes:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Heres what I learned this weekend

Have you tried contacting HL about how it's plumbed? Somehow, having the gray and black going into a single tank doesn't seem right.

scottyb

I was told, at my PDI, that the the garage bath gray water goes into the kitchen gray tank, and only the front bathroom goes to the front gray water tank. I have nothing else to back this up, but it sounds to be so in your case.

srgt30

Did not call yet and now that I know how its plumbed shouldn't be a problem. But the wife and I both recall salesman saying the rear bath shared a tank and, although I could be wrong, I seem to recall others talking about their rear bath having a black/grey combo.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I agree with John that having gray and black water together don't sound right. What would prevent black water from backing up into the sink??
With regard to what your salesman told you, I have found that sales people are not the best source of accurate information.
Although he may be right on.

Peace
Dave

TXTiger

I doubt that the black and grey tanks in the rear bath are combined. It makes sense that the rear bath sink would share the same grey tank as the kitchen sink because the main bath sink and shower probably are combined in one grey tank and each bath should have a separate black tank.

evolvingpowercat

Any newer RV, Heartland or not, with a RVIA standards complied to sticker by the door must have separation of black water and grey water drain sources to separate holding tanks. RVIA standards state the only place they can come together is AFTER the dump valves to a common dump outlet.

jimtoo

What, a sales person that had no idea what they were talking about? I'm flabbergasted!

A while back I was on a dealers lot, just looking around with some other folks. Was in a Landmark, lights and TV working. A/C was not on, went to turn A/C on, wanted to see about air flow in the new units, A/C did not come on. Now this is from the mouth of the dealer manager... "The Air Conditioner will not work.... we are only plugged into 110 ,,,,, not 220." I did not say a thing, just smiled and said OK and went and had a cool one.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It sure is frustrating talking to sales people who are that unfamiliar with their products. I would certainly steer away from those dealers. The tank in the back should be just for the toilet. The gray water will share the kitchen gray tank.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Srgt30, just out of curiousity, how many dump valve handles are on your rig?

TXTiger

A while back I was on a dealers lot, just looking around with some other folks. Was in a Landmark, lights and TV working. A/C was not on, went to turn A/C on, wanted to see about air flow in the new units, A/C did not come on. Now this is from the mouth of the dealer manager... "The Air Conditioner will not work.... we are only plugged into 110 ,,,,, not 220." I did not say a thing, just smiled and said OK and went and had a cool one.

Jim M

Jim I have 2 A/C's do I need to plug into 440?