Hitch Pin

G-town

Finally, we are picking up our Big Country this Monday. Just wondering if we need to change out the standard box for a Mor Ride system?

jimtoo

Hi G town,

I have a Trail-Air pinbox and there are several others out there also. They do take a lot of the hard hit out of the bumps of the highways.

I did move thread to better area also.

Jim M

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I ordered the Mor Ryde with our BH and have not regretted it. Much better pull than the standard pin box. I have no experience with the other brands.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We installed a Mor/Ryde on the Horn 7 years ago and love it. If you do go with the Mor/Ryde...make sure you get the correct one for the GVW of your coach. I would look on the net for one....dealers are expensive unlees they make you deal on one. $500 or less is about right.

Gaffer

Ordered the Mor/Ryde on my new BH. Didn't have it on my first BH and I can tell you there is a huge improvement in what you don't feel when you hit expansion joints.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
driver311, question...air ride on what?? If on your TV, how does it stop the "chucking". I have air bags on my TV and it does not stop the chucking. Only up and down movement.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
We bit the bullet and did a Moryde pin box as well as a Trailer Saver hitch; tried it out last month on a 5,000 mile, 18 day trip and it was worth it! The 'hammer' at the rear axle that used to happen at uneven railroad tracks (and similar places) is all but gone, as well as the chucking at stops/starts/etc. The Moryde and Trailer Saver replaced the stock pin box and a Curt 26; no complaints for either one - but the difference is amazing. The ride was much better on me and spouse, and I have to believe the life of the TV (2012 Ram 3500 DRW - Cummins) and the 2013 Cyclone 4100 King have been extended.

rxbristol

Hi G town,

I have a Trail-Air pinbox and there are several others out there also. They do take a lot of the hard hit out of the bumps of the highways.

Jim M

I'm going to replace mine, but I struggle between the Trail-Air and the Mor Ryde. I had a Mor Ryde on a previous 5th wheel and liked it, but often wonder which one is better. Is there anyone that has had both?

dlw930

I had a Reese 5th Airborne installed on our 5th wheel, but I've only pulled it a few miles back & forth to storage. It's supposed to reduce the chucking 40% and the vertical jerking 60%, or vice versa...can't remember. It seems to help what little I've pulled it. Will have a better feel after next month. The 5th Airborne came highly recommended by another member of our HOC chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gizzy

We had the 5th Airborne installed when we bought the coach. It has over 35,000 miles on it and has been great. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

lwmcguir

I'm going to replace mine, but I struggle between the Trail-Air and the Mor Ryde. I had a Mor Ryde on a previous 5th wheel and liked it, but often wonder which one is better. Is there anyone that has had both?
We have had several including Mor Ryde. Currently use a Goose Box. Air has always been a little smoother but they were all better than steel only