Hitch question

Am considering the B & W companion , we have the ram 2500 4 x 4 but the bed sits higher than the standard. Am I going to be ok with the companion ? Also, am I going to need a special tailgate ? Thanks!

cb1313

I have a Chey 4 door 3500 heavy duty which has a very high bed. The B&W has bolt adjustments to raise the hight of the hitch plate. before you purchase have the dealer adjust the hitch to the hightest setting and test your trailer. I love my hitch, being a disabled person the hitch is 2 parts so I can remove the hitch myself, Also it has no rails to get in the way of the truck bed. As they are very easy to remove I have a 6 foot cable locked to the bed then to one of the upper mount pins.

Cb

Niles

Not sure how much higher you're talking, however the B&W has a lot of adjustment to it. We had a 3500 4X4 and had no problems getting our trailer level. Guess I would take some measurements and give B&W a call. Good luck.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The extra height of the bed does not effect the hitch, the ratio of the bed height to bed side rails does and it stays the same. (maintain 6"+ between top of bed rail to bottom for fifth wheel) However the overall height of the truck does effect the level of your fifth wheel.