Home Again

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, our 2009 camping season has drawn to a close. We pulled the BH back home to the storage yard today. It spent the entire summer parked on site in Indian River, MI, 200 miles north of here. Other than the problem with the electric awning (to be repaired Sept. 29), everything worked, nothing broke, and there are only some minor items I want the dealer to take a look at while they have it for the awning. The refridgerator was left on the entire summer without any problems. The slides retracted effortlessly after being extended the whole time. The air mattress didn't leak, the Half-Time oven/microwave worked like a charm, and the tank flusher didn't spray the basement. My springs are still U-shaped and the Freestar tires have not developed acne. And the Hunter thermostat controlled the furnace perfectly. Adding the closeable floor registers made it possible to keep the entire coach comfy on cool (some downright cold) summer nights.

Bobby A

Good to hear you got the horn home safely, where are you at in MI ?? our summer c/g is near Novi MI. we will be heading south for the winter in a few weeks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good to hear you got the horn home safely, where are you at in MI ?? our summer c/g is near Novi MI. we will be heading south for the winter in a few weeks.

We're in Grand Blanc. For the most part, the handling and ride with the trailer is smooth and easy. The truck didn't really care it was back there. Overdrive, cruise, and tow-haul (at 65 mph) and no violent shifting or standing on the brakes. However, Michigan freeways being what they are in some spots, the herky-jerky does occur. BONUS: I had been telling the wife about Mor-Ryde and Trail-Air pin boxes. She says if we do take it out on extended trips, it might be a good idea to get one before we do. :D She wants the window awning on the living room slide first, though.

What CG is near Novi?