Hooking up a Wii

Snow

Trying to hook up a Wii to my liveing room tv but caint seem to pull it out a little to hook up my video and audio in the back or am I missing something ?? Thanks ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

danemayer

Hi Snow,

There may be a piece of wood trim above the TV that keeps it from moving. If this is how yours is mounted, there will be 3 wood screws holding the trim in place. Once you remove the trim, you can lift the TV off of it's mount. Make sure you've got some help to hold it in place while attaching cables. The mounting bracket on the wall will likely have 2 rails that have to both be captured by the bracket on the TV when you put it back in place. When you're sure you have it back in place correctly, reinstall the wood trim.

There's another type of bracket that pivots out at the bottom. There's a setscrew that holds it in place by protruding slightly in the path of the lower part of the bracket. If you've removed the wood trim and the TV doesn't lift up, you probably have this type of mount and if you hold the top of the TV while pulling the bottom away from the wall, it should flex past the setscrew.

Hope this all makes sense to you.