How old is your BigHorn?

phix

I just wondered how long a Bighorn is expected to last? Ours is 4 years old and we have given it plenty of use and are now full time. Granted there is some maintenance, but how long can we expect it to hold up? How long will the banks finance? That may be an indicator........

buddyboy

We had a 20 year loan. Absurd, but true. All ours now, but it was approved for financing for that long.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ours was built in February of 08

So was ours, but it's considered a 2009 model. Go figure.

We bought ours on a 15 yr. note, but refi'd it last year at a lower rate for the remaining period of the loan, shaving $45 a month off the payment.

Last edited:

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ours is a 07 brought it in Sept of 06 still looks great and the inside is still beautiful to us . I take very good care of it on the inside. In my book it is 9 years old because we have been camping in it from 06 to 15 . We took a 10 year loan and she is almost ours!!! In my book they will last as long as you take good care of them .

hoefler

While not a Bighorn, our 06 ( built in 05 ) Landmark is still a good unit. Like said above, keeping up on the maintenance is the thing.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Had our "Horn" 8 years in September of this year. Was built in July of 06 and bought it September of 07 so it will be 9 years old this month. 15 year loan so its 1/2 payed off. It has held up very well except for a few decals going south. It sits in the Socal sun all year. Normal maintenance is all the that is required. They are no different than a S/B house.

scotty

2006, purchased second hand in 09. Now made into a permanent home in campground in PA. Had the early weak frame issue so turned lemon into lemonade. We're happy spending weekends in it. Holding up well, now that we're not towing it.:cool:

Hogladyrider

Ordered our 3875FB in March 2015 and picked up at dealer May 2015. Traded in our 09 Big Horn 3600RL and no loan on current rig.

Just sold the S/B and packing up to transition into our Big Horn for our fulltiming experience beginning 9/18.......doesn't get much more exciting than that!
Susan

buddyboy

Congrats on the sale! Enjoy your full-time adventures. Wish we could have been full-time longer, but health issues took priority over that and won't permit our return to that lifestyle. Safe travels.

Martha

B

BouseBill

Coming up on 1 year old. As others have said. Upkeep is everything for longevity, especially for full-timers as we put more wear and tear on the systems.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ours was built in July of '06 and we bought it in Sept. of '07. So far so good but I maintain it.