How to replace Lippert's Hydraulic Leveling Jack

Oregon_Camper

Guys,

I had a leak in my Lippert (LCI) hydraulic leveling jack by our door and it needed to be either repaired or replaced. Decided to replace with new one. I enlisted the help of a professional in order to make the Blog/YouTube video. (link below)

Now that I have seen it done (I helped a "little") it doesn't really seem that hard. Wanted to post it here in case anyone searches for this in the future.

YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/ojHwfSHg2Ps

Blog
https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/single-post/2018/10/28/Changing-Lippert-Hydraulic-Leveling-Jack

WillyBill

Guys,

I had a leak in my Lippert (LCI) hydraulic leveling jack by our door and it needed to be either repaired or replaced. Decided to replace with new one. I enlisted the help of a professional in order to make the Blog/YouTube video. (link below)

Why did you choose not to just reseal it? Damage to ram surface or something? Just curious?

WB

Oregon_Camper

Why did you choose not to just reseal it? Damage to ram surface or something? Just curious?

WB

I tend to solve my problems with my checkbook rather than actual skills. I have no clue as to how to rebuild the jack, so buying new was my solution.

Now...the guy that did the work, is an RV repair GENIUS!! Part of the agreement for me to video record him, was for him to keep the old jack. I felt this was fair, as he did not charge me for the time it took to swap them out.

I did however say, if I ever have another jack failure that he couldn't charge me for a replacement jack and we'd just swap out jacks again plus a little $$$ for his time to rebuild again.

B

BouseBill

Thanks for posting the video, I have to replace the passenger side rear next spring. It ONLY LEAKS during the summer :confused::confused:, not a drop will come out during our stay in Arizona for the winter.

I do think I'd also replace the o rings when transferring the fittings from one jack to the other.

dave10a

Kudos on the video. I had a seep not a leak similar to the video on my front left jack. I found the top and bottom bolts were snug but not as tight as they should be. After torqueing them to the proper torque the seeping almost stopped. After tightening one of the lines, all seeping stopped. Seeping oil is sometimes difficult to find the source because it travels all over.