Hydraulic Landing Gear Fault?

sdwelling

I've got a 2012 Cyclone 4014 with what I term "dumb" landing gear (not auto leveling) - the front is hydraulic, tied to the three slides and rear is electric stabilizers. When I depress the switch up front to raise the front of the trailer in my driveway, it usually trips multiple times. I suspect it is the (original 50A auto reset?) circuit breaker between the battery and the hydraulic pump. Granted, my driveway slopes down toward the street and I back-in with the trailer, so I have to lift it from below level and extend the jacks fully. My question is: How can I tell if my original 50A auto reset breaker has been replaced with the 80A auto reset breaker based on the Lippert LIP Sheet 0058 (found here on the site)? Where is the auto reset breaker located - the battery and hydraulic system share the same compartment at the front right corner of the trailer. Also, based on these symptoms, does this post better fit in the electrical section??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Hudraulic Landing Gear Fault?

Behind your battery you may see a bank of red covered breakers. If not, no problem.
Either way, take a look at the Trombetta, (relay) on the hydraulic pump.
There should be a heavy red wire. Follow it to a breaker. That should be the 50 amp auto-reset breaker for the pump.
Removal is as simple as removing two nuts. But be careful as they both carry 12 volt and shorting is a possibility, so disconnect the neutral wire from the battery before starting your project.

The 50 amp breaker can be bought at most auto part houses and marine dealers.
About $10.

Peace
Dave