I-65 through Nashville

Sniper

Getting ready to head South. We will be rolling through Nashville on I-65 on a Saturday afternoon. Wondering if any forum members have been through there lately, and if there may be any construction issues. Haven't been through there since the 90's and it was a mess back then (to be fair though, that was on a Friday afternoon). Thanks in advance for any info.

Safe travels everyone. :)

VKTalley

Getting ready to head South. We will be rolling through Nashville on I-65 on a Saturday afternoon. Wondering if any forum members have been through there lately, and if there may be any construction issues. Haven't been through there since the 90's and it was a mess back then (to be fair though, that was on a Friday afternoon). Thanks in advance for any info.

Safe travels everyone. :)

Hi Sniper, there is still some construction on I-65 both north and south of Nashville but nothing big. We have not gone straight through Nashville pulling as we are usually heading to the Music Valley KOA. Malcolm's (MCTalley) company's corporate office is located downtown. My one suggestion is to find out what might be going on in the downtown area on that Saturday that could potentially snarl traffic. We are not in the Nashville area right now but if we can be of any help, don't hesitate to contact one of us. How far south are you headed?

Sniper

Hi Sniper, there is still some construction on I-65 both north and south of Nashville but nothing big. We have not gone straight through Nashville pulling as we are usually heading to the Music Valley KOA. Malcolm's (MCTalley) company's corporate office is located downtown. My one suggestion is to find out what might be going on in the downtown area on that Saturday that could potentially snarl traffic. We are not in the Nashville area right now but if we can be of any help, don't hesitate to contact one of us. How far south are you headed?
Much appreciated. We are going to the Alabama/Mississippi State line area off of I-20. Going to visit an Old Army Brother.

VKTalley

Nice! We are in the Montgomery, AL, area right now but will be heading to Washington State (flying) next week and then to the Florida panhandle the week after that to visit with our AF son for his birthday....and get the A/C fixed while we are there. There are NO mobile RV repair places here in Montgomery. Enjoy your trip!!

123camper

On today news they we saying there will be road construction on 65 for the next 14 weekends while bridge repair is being done. The report said they will try to keep two lanes open but still to expect delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

On today news they we saying there will be road construction on 65 for the next 14 weekends while bridge repair is being done. The report said they will try to keep two lanes open but still to expect delays.

Much appreciated. Did they happen to recommend any alternate routes? :)

123camper

I believe they are working on the trinity lane bridge this weekend. They didn't say which direction would be affected.

Sniper

I believe they are working on the trinity lane bridge this weekend. They didn't say which direction would be affected.

Thinking I'll take rt155 (Briley Pkwy) to I-40 to I-440 back to I-65.

VKTalley

Thinking I'll take rt155 (Briley Pkwy) to I-40 to I-440 back to I-65.

Sniper, that is a good route. I would suggest going west on Briley (towards Memphis) to I-40E to the 440 to I-65S. There is less traffic going that way and the changeovers to each road is a lot less confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of like the Grand 'ol Opry "just like construction on I-65, it is a Nashville tradition".

Bill, that is so true!!! :p

FiremanBill

I have to go over there 3-4 times a year to TBI headquarters. I feel like a fish out of water leaving my mountains now!

Sniper

Sniper, that is a good route. I would suggest going west on Briley (towards Memphis) to I-40E to the 440 to I-65S. There is less traffic going that way and the changeovers to each road is a lot less confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Bill, that is so true!!! :p
That's exactly the route I was looking at, and that's the route I will take. Thanks for confirming, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input everyone. :)

Sniper

Thanks so much for the info. Your "heads up" allowed for me to plan an alternate route. Really appreciate it. :)

Sniper

Just wanted to stop back by this post, and thank those who posted. With your reply's I took a look at TDOT's website and found the construction schedules, and found they would be working on the north bound lanes while we were heading south, and the the south bound lanes while we were heading north. 10 minutes thru on I-65 both ways! Fantastic!

Thanks again, and safe travels. :)