I Love Snow

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We go 15" of snow:cool::cool: a real treat for me in Cody. I usually have to drive a couple hours to go snowmobiling. So I busted out a couple of my vintage sleds and had a blast. One of these days winters gonna end but until then..... DSCF2172_zps6b4d6e3d.jpg DSCF2173_zps5a57874c.jpg

jnbhobe

Thats the way sleds were when I was young, we had a blast on them. I hear the new stuff is much easier to ride.

priorguy

Those are some nice looking sleds. Reminds me of when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Looks like fun! We are going to have to invade you guys some winter!!
May want ask Amy about that.
Seems to me I've seen a video of "someone" else crashing one!!!

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Bless your heart! That's why they make red cars and blue cars!

Those are seriously old! Did you restore them?

codycarver

Looks like fun! We are going to have to invade you guys some winter!!

Seems to me I've seen a video of "someone" else crashing one!!!

Back by popular demand. My 07 Summit or what was left of it. Everything was going fine until......

codycarver

Bless your heart! That's why they make red cars and blue cars!

Those are seriously old! Did you restore them?

Believe it or not the black one is all original. The yellow one (640 TNT) ski-doo has been restored.

codycarver

What happened there at the end? :confused:

By the by . . . I'm really getting tired of shoveling snow . . . :rolleyes:

I believe the technical term is "rapid deceleration trauma". The video doesn't show it but there were no good options to get out of that pickle once I decided to make the turn. I broke the #1 & 2 rule in mountain riding. Always have an escape plan and never ride alone (still break that one).

Getting the sled out was a whole new set of problems (if you pause the vid at the end you get some idea of the grade) but I did. Rode it back to the trail head, took it home to acess the damage...totaled. Fortunately my dealer had this one waiting for me.
lulu summit.JPG

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW - too much fun. It was very rare but I remember back in the early 60's, the Piedmont area of SC having a huge snow storm (school was out for over 2 weeks) and we got to ride snowmobiles. Lot's of fun.

Cody - love the ranch. I miss having our farm but love the memories of working with the cattle and horses.

B---

scottyb

Snowmobiling has got to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Sorry about the crash but a nice Skidoo Summit came out of the deal. That's the sled I rode last year. There is usually some carnage of sleds among our group, during 4 days of Snow Down, our annual Mt Shasta snowmobile trip. We just had to cancel this year due to N. CA not having any snow. We would actually be headed home today, if we hadn't cancelled. :mad:

BTW, I have said it before but you have a gorgeous ranch.

brianharrison

Thanks for sharing - brings back memories; I grew up on the skidoo line, first on twin track single ski, then old TNT 775, black TNT440. Moved over to a 77 Panther 440 (love those cleats), then Polaris. Last one was a 2000 RMK700 136".

I sure like the looks of your new summit, with the 163" track.

It was always - "ride for one, fix for two" (insert "hours" or "days"). :)

Brian

TXTiger

You will soon need to trade in your Big Horn for a Cyclone Toy Hauler soon and purchase a Harley, which is just a snow mobile without the snow, lol lol lol.

Birchwood

Did the snow thing for 57 years skiing,snow shoeing ,winter camping,drilling holes in ice,four wheel driving to reach my destination and snow blowing.We want to try winters in the sub tropics ,just for a change,for a few years

Wmnmy

Did the snow thing for 57 years skiing,snow shoeing ,winter camping,drilling holes in ice,four wheel driving to reach my destination and snow blowing.We want to try winters in the sub tropics ,just for a change,for a few years
Then come on down to las vegas Nevada 71 today lol..