I managed to break my awning supports

Hi everyone!

I managed to break the end fixture (claw thing) on the end of the horizontal support of the awning on my little 2009 Edge M13. I'm such a clutz with the manual awning. I'll have to source replacement parts, presumably from my RV dealer.

Its the end fixture of the inside aluminum support that is vertical when stowed, and horizontal when the awning is set up.

Has anybody had any similar problems?

Thanks, Stan

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice goin Stan! Just Kidding... I think I know the part you're referring to. Hopefully you'll be able to find parts.
On a couple of occasions I have forgotten to lower the outer arm/leg all the way to the stop before rolling up the awning. I usually notice it before doing any damage. The first time I did it, the upper bracket pulled loose from the trailer wall. I had to do some fancy fixin on that goof up.
It happens to us all. Trust me...

Willym

I had to buy a complete arm end to replace a broken claw on my last trailer. Be sure to measure the length of the arm as there are different lengths. I tried to just buy the claw bit (which is riveted into the arm) but it wasn't available separately. You could try contacting Dometic to see if they have the claw.