IC2000 INVERTER

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM NEW TO MOTOHOME, I HAVE A 2018 TIFFIN 32 SA ALEGRO OPEN ROAD. WITH AN INVERTER IC20000.WITH 3 SOLAR PANELS
RECENTLY I NOTICED THAT MY FRIDGE WILL NOT WORK WHEN I AM DRIVING OR NOT PLUGED IN SHORE POWER. TH EDEALER TOLD ME THAT THE INVERTER AND TRANFER SWITCHES NEED TO BE REPLACED --AROUND $ 5,000.00, JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU HOPFULY I CAN GET AND ADVISE ON REPAIR WITHOUT PAYING $$$$
REGARDS
TONY D

hoefler

This a travel trailer forum for Heartland manufactured travel trailers. You might try posting in a Tiffin forum

Reactions: LBR

david-steph2018

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM NEW TO MOTOHOME, I HAVE A 2018 TIFFIN 32 SA ALEGRO OPEN ROAD. WITH AN INVERTER IC20000.WITH 3 SOLAR PANELS
RECENTLY I NOTICED THAT MY FRIDGE WILL NOT WORK WHEN I AM DRIVING OR NOT PLUGED IN SHORE POWER. TH EDEALER TOLD ME THAT THE INVERTER AND TRANFER SWITCHES NEED TO BE REPLACED --AROUND $ 5,000.00, JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU HOPFULY I CAN GET AND ADVISE ON REPAIR WITHOUT PAYING $$$$
REGARDS
TONY D
Which transfer switch do you have?
Inverter would not make a difference on shore power. The inverter takes 12VDC and changes it to 120VAC.
Some inverters have a GFCI outlet on the bottom. Check and see if this has tripped and if it has, reset it.

Dahillbilly

sounds awful high $ for that job. I'd get another opinion. I'd check the inverter 1st to make sure other 110vac outlets are working if not then check the transfer switch for proper operations. Good luck

wdk450

Magnum Energy are the high priced, premium option, on combined pure sine wave inverters, power converters/battery chargers and incoming power transfer switch devices. About $1300 online for this all-in-one combined device model.

I would think that there would be a manufacturer's warranty on this expensive device so that a new one does not have to be replaced.