I'm back...

caokgafamily

On June 8th I was cutting a limb off a tree, the limb came down and knocked
the ladder out from under me. I fell 20' to the ground on my butt. I broke T
11 which compressed my spinal cord and paralyzed me from the waist down. I
also fractured T 7 & T 9, shattered my left wrist and dislocated my left
elbow. To make a long story short I spent 2.5 months in therapy & rehab at a
place called the Shepherd center in Atlanta. I'm now back at home & work using a
cane for walking and the wheelchair if I'm real tired. God is looking out
for me and my family I shouldn't be walking. I'm getting stronger every day.
Life is good. We are going camping this holiday weekend,I sure missed rving in the Bighorn.<O:p</O:p
PS. I'm on this website, go to caringbridge.org type in stevemccartney. This
site tells the whole story

snuffy

Sorry to hear of your accident but glad you've overcome most of your injuries. Hope you will be able to continue camping and enjoying life. I'm sure you have a better appreciation of what most of us take for granted.
Continued prayers for your recovery.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
I'm glad to see that you are doing better and out of the hospital your camping trip should be great therapy good luck and cont. sucess with your recovery. Our prayers are with you. TRAVELERY07

Last edited:

cmart

Glad to here you doing better, keep recuperating and don't ever slow down. By the way, I do have a tree........

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome Back Steve. It's good to hear you're on the road to recovery and getting back out in the Bighorn. Best Wishes for a full recovery.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Welcome back from a fellow gimp. You will be surprised how quickly your body will heal and how you will learn to compensate. I've been in some type of therapy for the last two years and I've seen some amazing recoveries.

Just keep on pluggin'. You'll get there.:cool:

truknutt

Committed Member
Steve,

WOW, you are a very, very lucky man to have such a devoted & supportive family. I pray that I never have to go through what you and yours are having to endure but if I do, I certainly hope my support chain is as strong.

Keep up with the rehab results & keep us posted on your progress.

Hope to see The McCartneys out on the road someday.

Dave the 'Nutt

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I will say I know what your going thru , did the same thing ,with the ladder. I crushed T12 , fractured my hip and shoulder , so hang in there. It will get better in time and it does take time . My thoughts and prayers are with you.... Kenny

caokgafamily

We had a great 3 nights in the Bighorn. I sure realize all the things I use to take for granted. My DW and kids are learning all the things I use to do as far as setup etc. Thanks for all encouragement. None