In the market, in a while (Bighorn).

msgtedret

My wife and I are seriously looking at the Bighorn. We just purchased a 2014 Silverado 3500 HD,crew cab, srw, dsl, 4-wheel drive. Can anyone tell us if we need a glide hitch in order to pull a Bighorn? We're thinking about the 3755 FL. Thanks. Would appreciate any suggestions from the forum members.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi msgtedret,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There are a lot of happy Bighorn owners on the forum, including many full-timers. I'm sure you'll hear from them shortly.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We are on our second Big Horn. I guess that is kind of telling. We loved our first one so much we didn't even look at another brand other than to get ideas of features we would want in our new BH. We have not had any major issues. You will hear from people who have, but that can happen no matter what you buy. The forum is a place to come to get help and have questions answered. Unhappy people are more likely to be vocal because they are frustrated and need help and support. You won't find a better bunch of people to help you out if something does go wrong.
Good luck in your search.
Kristy

Mrsfish

We have had our Bighorn 1 yr next month. Other than the shower handles falling off we have had no problems, nada, nunca, nothing. It is possible that what we consider 'normal' issues might be considered a problem with someone else, but we don't. LOVE our rig and miss when we're not in it.

jayc

Legendary Member
We began our full timing adventures in a Bighorn but found a great deal on the Landmark that we now own. Very few problems and all have been taken care of.

It's a great life!

SeattleLion

We just bought a Bighorn. Our dealer's service manager told us that not one of the Bighorns they have sold in the last three years have come back for warranty service. This is the largest RV dealer in Washington. That is good enough for me.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We have had our Bighorn for over a year and it has been the greatest RV we have owned out of our 4 RV's and we are so sold on Heartland products, customer service and the Heartland Owners Club that we will never own another brand.

Rod Ditrich

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We fulltimed in our 2008 Bighorn for six years and over 80K miles...Loved it so much that when we wanted a new floor plan we bought a Landmark! Love it just as much...

Also, when we traded it in, it was still like new and they sold it in less than two weeks, after giving us 84% of what we paid for it!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've had our Bighorn for over 7 years. It was picked new in July 2006. We were in it 4 years full time and snowbirds since then. After the initial quirks that usually show up with all new rigs it's been great. Would I buy another? Absolutely!

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
When we bought our Bighorn, it was all about the rear kitchen floor plan. We knew little about Heartland and whether their products were superior to others. We had owned a 24' TT for 7 years and wanted something bigger as we were planning to spend a lot more time in it. We took delivery last May and in a 5 hour pre-delivery inspection only found one wiring issue and a couple of drawers mis-aligned. We have used it about 120 days and travelled close to 10,000 miles so far in the first year. I had to re-glue the pipe and fittings for the toilet, had one failed tire, had an awning recall (Dometic product) and the hydraulic system had a bad motor which was replaced under warranty. We took it out after 4 months of storage last week-end and, as expected, we had no problems during or our four day trip.

We expect to spend more than 100 days in her again this year. We feel that this model would work for us for full-timing although we have no immediate plans to abandon our immovable house. The Bighorn and Landmark models both have warranties that cover full-timing. Most brands and other Heartland models exclude full-time use from their warranties.

We didn't learn about this forum until after we had ordered our rig. It's a great resource for research prior to buying! I do note that other brands also have owner forums but this may be the only one that was set up by the manufacturer for their owners with employees who check it for new ideas and to identify potential quality improvements.

StephenKatSea

We have an 08 BH 3670. Bought it in 2010 and saved an enormous amt of $. We love the floor plan and all the storage. We sometimes stay in it for months at a time. We find it ideal for the 2 of us and our very large dog. When our grandsons visit for weeks at a time there is still plenty of room. It is on a lake in the AZ desert, but we remain very comfortable even during the extreme heat of the summer. After following some very good suggestions found on this forum, the frig works great throughout the summer. Newer models do offer double pained windows, a better bathroom plan and some nice seating options in the salon.

msgtedret

Thank you for all the input. Very positive. We'll definitely be looking at the new front living area. I have a follow up which is above this post. Thanks, again.

brianlajoie

I bought my rig a couple of months ago. I have an F350 crew cab with the super glide hitch. I would highly recommend it. I had some initial issues coming from a lack of knowledge (neither a hitch installer or dealer had the knowledge I was looking for). After I contacted Pullrite, they sent to me their factory rep to my truck (70 miles - one way) and then to my trailer (in storage). The rep went through all the maintenance and hooking/unhooking procedures. If you end up getting one, I'd be happy to share the knowledge. Great customer support from Pullrite!