Install ladder on back??????

albertm97

I have a 2012 north trail 32qbss and was looking into installing a ladder on the back to access the roof. I have searched and found nothing on this. Anyone have the same model with a ladder on the rear? I have called a tech at Heartland and got nowhere. I am looking to buy the la401 universal ladder. Is there any places to mount the brackets on the back of the trailer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

olcoon

There are a few people on here that have removed their ladder on the rear due to issues of screws coming loose, etc. I've talked to several people, and seen on here of people who don't use the ladder mounted on their rig, because they don't feel safe on it. They'll put a ladder use an extension type ladder or one like the Little Giant and put it on the side of their coach to get on the roof. If you mount on the rear, you'd have to find a couple of wall studs to mount it securely, and keep an eye on the mounting brackets to make sure it stays secure.

rxbristol

I don't think you'll be able to add a ladder. If you see how they build the back wall, there are 2x4's added just for ladder support/screws if it's going to be installed. Since yours did not come with one, I doubt there are the necessary supports.

pegmikef

I had a 2012 North Trail 26LRSS for a couple of years and also explored a ladder and found as already stated, that there was no support to accommodate the addition of the ladder. I used a 12 foot combination folding extension/stepladder I bought at Walmart that worked well. I carried it in the back of my TV. I now carry a longer one because I am one of the folks that doesn't trust the built in ladder on my BH.

albertm97

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately I won bid on a universal ladder on ebay. I am going to see if I can find any 2x4s on the back to screw into. Basically I just want to hang my chairs on it rather than use to access roof so it would give me more room in my pass through storage. If this will not work out than I will just re-sell the ladder. We will see how it goes. Thanks again. 😉