Integrated brake controller on superduty

Tweitekamp

Can anybody give me a general idea of what their gain is set on their integrated brake controller on their Ford SuperDuty. My camper is a 2010 32ft sundance 5er. 10k lbs. I know it is rig specific but I would like to have a general idea. does 6 sound about right?

pegmikef

Mine is set at like 7.5 . . . but they are all different because my 2011 F250 was set at a little over 8. You gotta kind of do trial and error until you get it where you are comfortable with it.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I set mine at 6.5 seems good but I haven't pulled my rig but once since I got the new truck. I think 6.0 is a starting point and your trailer should be lighter than mine.

ncc1701e

Can anybody give me a general idea of what their gain is set on their integrated brake controller on their Ford SuperDuty. My camper is a 2010 32ft sundance 5er. 10k lbs. I know it is rig specific but I would like to have a general idea. does 6 sound about right?

Mine is set at 6.5, pulled at that setting through the mountains for the last two years.

Grey Ghost

I have a 2011 GreyStone 9400lbs dry and pull with a Ford 250 SuperDuty. Mine is set at 5.5. I was at 7.5 but my brakes kept grabbing, almost jared my eye teeth out the first time it happened. Didn't really know what was wrong and the dealer thought maybe I needed a new brake-away unit so we tried that first. That wasn't it so one day after having my neck rearranged by the brakes on the trailer setting, I just backed the setting off to 5.5 and things have been great ever since. My trailer bakes still hold strong when I check to make sure I'm hooked up so I guess it is fine. I can stop just fine without to much pressure on the truck brakes. Might want to just experiment with it. I went down to 4.5 and worked my way back up until it felt comfortable to me. Good luck!!

priorguy

I have it set at 5.5 in my F150. The North Trail is very light compared to your fiver. I like testing in a parking lot to prevent mishaps with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweitekamp

thanks guys....that is a good baseline to go off of. I can tweak it but will probably start at 5.5 or so. We are really flat around here so we are pretty easy on brakes.

Thanks again!

MTPockets

I'm at 8. Instructions say find a safe area, drive 20 MPH and adjust until tires skid when you apply only trailer brakes, then back off 1 number.