Interior Entry Light Flashes When Turned Off

Chris6074

Just bought a 2014 Landmark Savannah that was only lived in for 4 months and it was like new. Aside from overhead cabinet door hinges coming out of the doors in a few days of ownership the first time we used the never before used washer and dryer we had a major water leak from the clothes washer water lines in the wall and had to shut off the water to the trailer. Then in the middle of the night the interior entry way light started flashing, the only way I could make it stop was to disconnect a wire to the light. Wondering if the light flashing is a warning or some thing to do with the water leak.

Chris

danemayer

Hi Chris6074,

Your Landmark probably has the Welcome Home Light above the entry. It can be turned on all the time with a switch in the control panel, probably marked "Aisle". If switched off, when the entry door is opened, a sensor in the door frame signals a control module to provide power to the light.

Depending on where the water leaked, it's possible the control module got wet and caused the flashing. If so, there's a good chance it'll dry out and work correctly in the future.

The control module is usually located within a few feet of the door. On your floor plan, it may be directly under the bathroom or the washer/dryer area - reinforcing the possibility that it got wet from the washer leak.

You may be able to get to the module by removing the rear wall of the pass through basement storage on the door side.

I've attached a block diagram of the wiring.

Attachments

• Welcome Back Light Block Diagrams.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 23

Chris6074

Thank's for the response. The only switch we have says entry way, the light is on when the switch is on the flashes like a strobe when turned on. I did wonder if the welcome home feature had any thing to do with it but we are not even sure we have that feature. I will look in the underbelly to see if there is a reset on the welcome home module, if not we have an insurance claim open to repair the water damage, it's been a fun first week in the 5th wheel.

Chris

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Is that a LED light or Florescent? Sounds like a bad ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk