Introducing the 2017 Ford Super duty

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If they go up in price anymore no one will be able to afford the F150. I was at the Ford dealer about 3 weeks ago and they wanted $61500 for an F150. You can find F350s for alot less.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hope to go to the State Fair this weekend, I'll look for it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Same thing lots were saying with the 2011 bubble fenders

- - - Updated - - -

Feds are talking $37,500 per vehicle fine - ouch
I was one of them too!!..lol..I still think the fenders on my 350 could have been more thought out and not look like an afterthought...

I still like em better than what I see on the 17...

But maybe they will grow on me..I'll be at the fair next week and I'll get a first hand impression...

Oddly I showed my wife the pics and she really liked it...said I needed to get one of the new ones and all the "features".....I looked at her funny and asked if she had been dipping in the anesthesia drugs at work?....or she is up to something!!.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I like the way Ram did the "hips", it doesn't look like an afterthought. You would think Ford would have figured it out by now.

Just found the picture of the new afterthought "hips", butt ugly comes to mind....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think it looks pretty sharp, although the headlights look kinda strange.

Chippendale

Ford still hasn't figured out how to do the rear seats in the crew cab correctly. The lower seat in my old 2007 "Classic" 2500 Chev folded forward up against the rear of the front seats and the back of the rear seat folded down giving you a nice flat surface, great for a dog bed or to stash stuff. They have improved the rear seats some, because now it looks like you can fold the bottom seats up and latch them and they have done away with the worthless, at least to me, storage box under the seat. This gives you a larger flat area on the floor.

porthole

Retired
I was one of them too!!..lol..I still think the fenders on my 350 could have been more thought out and not look like an afterthought...

I still like em better than what I see on the 17...

But maybe they will grow on me..

Never really cared for the 2011+ fenders. But I can tell you that they can take a pretty good hit and come out just about unscathed.

These fenders look like a compromise. One boss wanted the pre 2011 style fenders back. The other boss wanted the bubbles to remain. So we got a Reese's cup.

I think it looks pretty sharp, although the headlights look kinda strange.

Supposedly the headlights are 4 low beams and 4 high beams. If they are brighter I can live with the look.

Ford still hasn't figured out how to do the rear seats in the crew cab correctly. The lower seat in my old 2007 "Classic" 2500 Chev folded forward up against the rear of the front seats and the back of the rear seat folded down giving you a nice flat surface, great for a dog bed or to stash stuff. They have improved the rear seats some, because now it looks like you can fold the bottom seats up and latch them and they have done away with the worthless, at least to me, storage box under the seat. This gives you a larger flat area on the floor.

You have always been able to to remove the under seat tool box if you was of no use to the user. And a flat metal folding pan is available that will make the floor a "flat load" with the seats up.

I like it so far...

So do I. I don't care for the panoramic roof though.
But, I wonder if the 450 will brake 80K :rolleyes:

IronJ

I like the panoramic roof...

And with the 2017 you can use the floor flat OR as storage as it now has a box that can collapse when not in use...pretty cool...

The headlights in the current trucks are horrible...

I have mine retrofitted with hid projectors as well as capped hid in the fogs... (and maybe a couple of rigid leds too)...lol...I hate towing at night. ..but at least I can see now. ..the factory halogen setup had no business on the front of super duty given what's available now

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I rode in an f150 with the pano roof and thought it was a neat option. That said too though it is not a make or break option either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z06

Seems like they went into the archives to find those rear fenders😄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 55

JohnD

Having owned a Dodge Ram for the better part of the last two decades (plus five other Dodge trucks before that), I have to say that my favorite truck is a Dodge truck.

Although, having owned my first Chevy truck for one year and one month now, I have to say that so far I've been extremely pleased with the Chevy!

I've read in this post that some think that the hood of the new Ford is like the new Chevy/GMC trucks . . .

In that sense, I understand what you are talking about.

That was the hardest part of getting used to the Chevy was that flat hood and fenders (Ford front fenders are similar to the Dodge trucks).

On my old Dodge, with the lower front fenders, it was easier to see when making tight turns!

Although I will say that I've gotten used to the different shape of the Chevy . . . ain't no biggie!

TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194233999.jpg

avvidclif

My son had the best explanation for the Ford rear fenders and believe it or not it makes sense. If you ding one of the hips on a Ford you buy a replacement fender. If you ding the hip on a Dodge you buy a new bed. Never looked at it that way but they are still ugly.

scottyb

My son had the best explanation for the Ford rear fenders and believe it or not it makes sense. If you ding one of the hips on a Ford you buy a replacement fender. If you ding the hip on a Dodge you buy a new bed. Never looked at it that way but they are still ugly.

That's precisely what I've been told by a service manager. He showed me one they were replacing on a 3 month old truck. I believe he said it was $700 at the time a few years ago.

IronJ

No doubt, my bro in law backed into a trash can with his dodge dually. ..didn't have to replace whole bed, but fender/bed repair was 800+ $.... I have no issue with the 2 piece fender for a dually and think it's smart....but dang....the 11-16 was bad (but that new 17 is worse!)......bubble or square or whatever....just pick one and roll with it...no need to attempt to "lipstick" a piggy

JohnD

No doubt, my bro in law backed into a trash can with his dodge dually. ..didn't have to replace whole bed, but fender/bed repair was 800+ $.... I have no issue with the 2 piece fender for a dually and think it's smart....but dang....the 11-16 was bad (but that new 17 is worse!)......bubble or square or whatever....just pick one and roll with it...no need to attempt to "lipstick" a piggy

Well, one year ago September 29 . . . my brand new Chevy truck with less than 1000 miles on it sustained over $2000 in hail damage.

Yesterday (September 29, 2015) we had another hail storm, and my new truck (now one year old) was parked in the same parking spot at my place of gainful employment, but had no hail damage.

I never had the hail dings fixed from last year, and still have the check from my insurance carrier . . .

Cathy keeps telling me that I should get the truck in for repair, but I feel that since there is really only one hail ding that I can see from a year ago . . . why bother?

I know that the minute I put the truck in for repair we will get another hail storm that will damage the truck far worse than what it has now!