Is My Slide Going to Fall Out?

Squirlee

This crack just showed up. The other side has flexing outward like it wants to crack too?

Thoughts?

2015 Heartland Oakmont 345RS.

1 (Custom).jpg
4 (Custom).jpg
3 (Custom).jpg

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I would contact Heartland customer service and tell them you Vin # and the problem your having. Take some more pictures not so close and ask if you can email them the photos.

Roller4tan

I think your slide needs to be adjusted. It's going out too far and pushing against the sidewall.

Squirlee

Just an update. I contacted Heartland and they quickly backed away from this.

They did offer to tell me where authorized repair places were in my area and suggested I take it to one of them and have it diagnosed / fixed. No kidding Captain Obvious.

I can't say I am very impressed that this would happen after 2 seasons. Especially seeing that this isn't that uncommon with some of Heartland's products (I am sure it isn't uncommon with other brands either but I am just going on what the dealer said they have been seeing).

I could rant about never buying from them again blah blah blah but they really won't care because they already got my money.

I think your slide needs to be adjusted. It's going out too far and pushing against the sidewall.

I asked about that and they said it could be possible but they would expect damage at the bottom of the slide where the hydraulics are and there isn't any.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Sorry to see that you are having issues. The industry needs to change the name for these trailers from towables to parkables. It seems more and more that calling these trailers towables is a lie. We hear more and more stories out there as we travel from people who have been turned down on repairs like yours and worse. Another customer bad mouthing a Heartland product and their unwillingness to stand behind their product. I cannot fathom that this is a good business model considering people believe the bad before the good. I hope you get this sorted out soon.

Squirlee

Another update.

The dealer looked at the crack and determined it was caused by a screw in the fiberglass. Heartland said "if it was caused by the screw it would have showed up in the first year" and backed away. Even though the dealer sent them photos and told them the screw was the cause of the crack Heartland won't cover it.

mlpeloquin

I too have had a crack appear in the upper left of the bedroom slide. My independent RV repair owner showed me several SOB that have the same thing. All it takes is a little motion and a 90 degree point in the fiberglass or a screw without a pre drilled hole. On mine, he suggested not to repair it since it will just reoccur again. He suggested to make it water tight and cover it with an exterior trim. I calked mine and covered it with a strip of roofing patch. If it were structural, it would pop out. That would indicate the studs have come loose. He had one in the yard waiting to be fixed for this condition and showed me the one and a half inch offset. Mine originated from a screw that was put in in Goshen when my D-seals were replaced. I watched it appear and grow over a two year period. I put a lot of miles on out fifth wheel and with the roads are poor in California it gets a lot of motion. The screw(s) prevented the D-seals from walking out of their positions while driving and have done their job. So it appears no matter what brand it can occur. Seal it and make it pretty.