It's Bristol Time

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
It's almost Bristol time!!! Who's going? Where are you camping?

Nabo

Nope - NasCar racing. I'm taking the BC up next Sunday, set-up, go home to work and then return on Wednesday for the truck races. If others are coming up Wednesday and staying thru the Sprint races, maybe we could get together. There will be 4-5 other HL coaches in the same campground we are in.

archbarb

We talked about trying to make it this year, but decided to wait until next August and plan on catching all three events, Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup. Then after the races stay thru Monday until everything empties out for easier travel!!!!!

Archie

trav-l-in

Sorry, we're not into racing. Music is our thing. We really like staying at Lakeview RV park. The people there are really friendly. If you've never camped there, you should check them out. Have fun at the races.

Nabo

I agree that Lakeview is a great campground and thinking about having the Tennessee rally there in the future. The downfall with the campground is that it's a liitle far from the track. The cg we stay at is less than a 1/4 mile from the track, e-z walk.

ArchBarb - sorry ya'll can't make it this year. We stay til Sunday, leaving by noon. By then the camper traffic is pretty well gone and clear sailing to the interstate.

sjs731

We are leaving on Aug. 17th to head down. Dropping our rig at our campsite and then going to Charlotte for a couple days to visit my wife's brother. He has friends at Hendrick so they are gonna show us around. Maybe check out the hall of fame and head back to Bristol on Wednesday so we are back in time for some racing.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliffP

We are leaving on Aug. 17th to head down. Dropping our rig at our campsite and then going to Charlotte for a couple days to visit my wife's brother. He has friends at Hendrick so they are gonna show us around. Maybe check out the hall of fame and head back to Bristol on Wednesday so we are back in time for some racing.

Steve

Sounds like fun, have a safe trip and a great time! Post some pics of the Hendrick tour if you are able!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We talked about trying to make it this year, but decided to wait until next August and plan on catching all three events, Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint Cup. Then after the races stay thru Monday until everything empties out for easier travel!!!!!

Archie

I'd like to plan on doing that next year. How hard is it to get tickets for the races and what campground is best. Ken

CTD2005

Man I am so jealous!!!! That is going to be so much fun and I sure wish I could be there! Haven't been to a NASCAR race in about 5 years. It's time to get going back,lol!!! Used to go to Daytona every year when we lived in Florida. I have only been to Texas Motor Speedway once since moving here. I was born and raised inKnoxville, TN and have always wanted to go to Bristol but never got the opportunity yet.

Last edited:

sjs731

I get my tickets from brokers now. I used to have a friend that had season tickets and I bought his when he didn't use them. I used Razor Gator for the Sprint Cup tickets and I think it was Tickets America for Nationwide. I stay at Farmer Bob's Campground. I book early and get a site with water supply. Also you can run generators 24 hours a day there too and sometimes it is HOT there.

Steve

Nabo

Yep heading up next sunday with the camper, setting up then returning Wednesday for the truck races. Byrd is going to be there by herself til i can get there friday.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We will not make this one. But plans are in the making for next spring. Miss seeing you and Byrd.

glfair

Hi new to the forum...just traded big country in on a road warrior 305 first trip with it is to bristol ant bristol speedway campground looking forward to it

jimtoo

Hi glfair,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We hope you make lots of great memories with your new unit. Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies and meeting lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

glfair and Steve - glad ya'll are coming up. We are taking the Big Country up this Sunday afternoon getting in about 3. If you have a chance, come on over to where we are camping for chit-chat/supper or both. We are at 186 OTBR on Old Thomas Bridge Rd about a quarter mile from the track (turn 3 side). We have 50 amp service and water with honey wagons running every hour on the hour (at least that what it seems like). The owners (Gail and Dennis Muncl) are great folks to work with. Troy Phillips (troybuilt71) who has a Sundance is also camping with us as well as a North Trail and an Elkridge. Byrd will be there Wednesday afternoon with us planning on leaving Sunday morning.

Ken - tickets are pretty ez to find on ebay or on the Bristol site but there are more folks selling them on the street. Hope you and Faye can plan on coming up sometime. It's a blast people watching or just sitting around talking with other race fans from across the country.

sjs731

Nabo, we are staying at Farmer Bob's. We are dropping the rig on Sunday and heading to Charlotte to visit my wife's brother. I'll have to wander over by you when we get back on Wednesday.

Steve

Nabo

Meet the nicest folks today when Steve and Carrie came by our campground for a visit. They came all the way from WI to see the races. Hope to meet ya'll again somewhere else down the road soon.

sjs731

We had an awesome time in Bristol. Great racing and we made a lot of new friends. We had a great time meeting Byrd, Nathan and Troy. Who would have thought we would have traveled to TN. to meet and chat with Heartland owners. We also so many Heartland products on the highway. Too many to mention. Only one minor issue with our rig in 2400 miles of travel.

Steve