JT Strong Arm vs Bal Lock Arm stabiliers

Eddhuy

They both look similar and functionally the same and they both come with 2 stabilizers.

The Strong Arm is about 300 dollars and the Lock Arm is about 100 dollars.

The Strong Arm looks stronger but does anyone know if there is much difference in their performance?

Kbvols

I asked the same question months back and no one replied so I opted to save the $200 have had no issues with the Bal they work well.

GOTTOYS

I put Bal stabilizers on mine, but only in the rear. Didn't really notice much difference. The X-Chocks do more than anything I've tried...Don

sjs731

The JT Strong Arm kit for my fifth wheel came with 4 braces for the front and 2 for the rear. $260 on Amazon.
qu7usahe.jpg
u5ynura6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Eddhuy

Thank you for the responses. 260 for 6 is a good deal but sears sells the lock arms at 2 for 60 so still a better deal but will see what is available for both one more time before ordering and just go for the lowest price.

sjs731

Thank you for the responses. 260 for 6 is a good deal but sears sells the lock arms at 2 for 60 so still a better deal but will see what is available for both one more time before ordering and just go for the lowest price.

Hopefully these help a bit more. Ran out and threw a bike on. That is only a 2 place carrier and I have another 2 place that slides into that one so I can carry 4 bikes and they stick out behind about 6 feet. Also I took a pick of the hitch tubing running through the space between the jacks.
7u5unu5e.jpg
etu9urut.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

GOTTOYS

Similar in construction, application and materials. I can't see where one would be much different than the other. I'd go for the lower price...Don

alex00

We have the JTs on our SOB fiver. They are solid as a rock. We camped for a few months without them, and noticed a huge difference in the bounce and jiggle. I can't feel when people are moving around in the trailer, at all. I remember shopping for the BALs at the same time as the JTs. If my memory serves, the mounting bracket for the front landing gear is much better on the JTs. To me, that is where the major difference comes. If I only lock the back jacks down, I still get a ton of movement. If I went with the BALs I would be left to fabricate a mounting bracket to cover two directions on the front landing gear. It may be a little more expensive, but you are getting more than just the arms with the JTs. I didn't really see it as an apples to apples comparison.

porthole

Retired
We have 4 JT's on the front and rear hydraulic jacks. See only minimal inprovement.
I think it would help more to have two more hydraulic jacks at the very rear of the trailer.

If I was to buy this type of stabilizer again I think I would try the less expensive version. Just looking at the design I think it might do a better job. The longer one piece arms make a bigger triangle.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't forget to look at Steadyfast system. Maybe more expensive, but made in USA, very high quality, and very easy to work.

Erika

iawoody2

We have 4 JT's on the front and reaslightly aulic jacks. See only minimal inprovement.
I think it would help more to have two more hydraulic jacks at the very rear of the trailer.

If I was to buy this type of stabilizer again I think I would try the less expensive version. Just looking at the design I think it might do a better job. The longer one piece arms make a bigger triangle.

To make them work best you need to level, lock, then just slightly lower to load the bars. Should be solid then, try it.

Eddhuy

After doing more research on line I have decided that the Steadyfast stabilizer would be the way to go. There are only 3 and I would not have to get as low to the ground to set or unset them and as mentioned above, a larger triangle. They also have fewer moving parts, less to go wrong and less overall slack in the system. A little higher cost but IMO it would be worth it.