Just got the new Level Up System

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dick, the Level Up is awesome. When you "williwicked" the front end to get the system to self level, you did just what I was told. If your rig is too far off level it will not auto level. Same goes for side to side level. If you are off level by a bunch you will have to raise one side up some then hit the auto level. I was given a number in degrees that it can be off and still work. But I don't remember that number. Heck, I don't remember what I had for breakfast.

Peace
Dave

Dave - you had cereal and toast :D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for keeping an eye on me Gus.
How's that new Landmark? One giant step for mankind aye.

Peace
Dave

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Several things. First, I had waffles for breakfast (most probably will not remember that by tomorrow). Secondly, this Level Up system is slicker than a 'you know what'!! How did I ever live without it. Everyone sure is right that it comes with a BIG learning curve, because it sure didn't come with a lot of directions (a single one pager that thankfully has Don's cell phone number on it). Thanks Jon for that link to Lippert's manual, that sort of clarifies a lot of things for me. I have printed a copy to keep in the BC for reference as I guess I mentioned earlier my memory may get forgetful, again.
The system has worked flawlessly for me, so far. At least while the terrain I have parked on has been within its tolerance parameters. Unfortunately the area where I park the BC at the house is up-slope, and I mean, really up-slope. Like climbing a hill. After disconnecting from the TV, if I try to use Auto Level, the front jacks will retract completely, which apparently does not bring the trailer below the point needed to start the auto level sequence, so, .... Auto Level just gives up:confused:.
I happened to read the 'one page instruction sheet' and found out that I can select a Manual mode. And thankfully that worked. I was able to extend the jacks on each side of the BC, and raise the aft end sufficiently to level (fore and aft, as well as side to side) the BC. The end result is that the forward jacks are fully compressed, and the tires on the rear axle are off the ground (tires on the forward axle still contact ground enough where I am not able to turn the tire). This 'manual' leveling is still very quick (less than a minute) and I can read on the LCD screen in tenths of a degree to reach the level point both laterally and longitudinally.
One thing to always remember, after disconnecting the trailer from the TV, move the pick-up out of the way BEFORE you let the system start to Auto Level. I can still picture that dent :( Bob Tiege has on his TV when he demonstrated the Level Up in Nashville.

porthole

Retired
and I can read on the LCD screen in tenths of a degree to reach the level point both laterally and longitudinally.

Another tip - you can also just go by the LED's, red LED - push that button -green LED in the center - you are level.

Even though the unit has it's limitations with the initial terrain topography it sure beats driving up on LEGO blocks or 2x6's.

One thing to always remember, after disconnecting the trailer from the TV, move the pick-up out of the way BEFORE you let the system start to Auto Level. I can still picture that dent :( Bob Tiege has on his TV when he demonstrated the Level Up in Nashville.

Ah yup, I can attest to that.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
We Like our level up. Cookie or Jon where is the manual as in instruction manual? Kindly let me know. email is wfwilson1@yahoo.ca we installed our system last year and it is a manual level not automatic.

Wayne