Just picked up our new to us 2013 3000mk Sundance! Lovin it!!

Dagwood

We just brought her home this evening. This is our second 5er. First Heartland. We had been looking to upgrade for awhile from our 2007 Wildcat 31 qbh. We wanted more slides and more living space. My wife and I knew when we first looked at the Sundance it was exactly what we were looking for.
Our tow vehicle is a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins. The Sundance squats the truck a bit more than our old 5er, but it handled well on the way home from the dealership. I may look into rear helper bags.
We'll be taking her on a maiden voyage this weekend to Heron lake in northern NM this weekend. I'll let ya'all know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Dagwood,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your 1st HL product. The best part of owning a HL rig is you are now eligible to join the HOC. If you enjoy good comradery with people who share your passion for the RV lifestyle, great food(lots of it), and just a great all around time, attend some rallies in your area or any where else in the US. By attending the rallies, you'll start putting faces to the names of the people you talk to on the forum.
Again, congrats on your HL rig and hope to meet you down the road. Enjoy and safe travels.
BTW, Timken makes a rubber Jounce that really helps with the squat and it's cheaper than air bags. Only come into play when the truck is loaded.

Dagwood

Congrats on your 1st HL product. The best part of owning a HL rig is you are now eligible to join the HOC. If you enjoy good comradery with people who share your passion for the RV lifestyle, great food(lots of it), and just a great all around time, attend some rallies in your area or any where else in the US. By attending the rallies, you'll start putting faces to the names of the people you talk to on the forum.
Again, congrats on your HL rig and hope to meet you down the road. Enjoy and safe travels.
BTW, Timken makes a rubber Jounce that really helps with the squat and it's cheaper than air bags. Only come into play when the truck is loaded.

Thanks for the tip on the Timbren System. Just ordered from Amazon. Should be here Sunday. Not in time for our maiden voyage, but I will install when I get back. Looks super easy to install and about a hundred dollars cheaper than the cheapest airbag system. Plus, zero maintenance! just what I needed. Thanks again, and Happy Trails!!

Dagwood

So we took her out on her maiden voyage... No problems at all. My truck took some getting used to with the heavier load, but once I figured the shift points I almost forgot I was towing. There is a pretty big hill heading out of town to the north call "La Bahada" and when I first started up the steepest part the truck started to drag and I kept my foot in it to hard and it downshifted hard and screamed up to 3500rpm. It was quite jarring. But, I realized I just need to get my foot out of it and take it easy and the rest of the trip was gravy.
the only thing that didn't work was the DVD player. There is a CD stuck in it and I can't eject it. It plays, but it won't come out of there. Other than that, everything worked great. Really enjoying it.
We just bought a Predator inverter 3500 generator and it is extremely quiet. We are ready for some dry camping this next time. Fun fun fun!!