key largo 365 sewer smell in cargo area

Timeout

I have a smell in my cargo area seems only when I dump and flush out tank.I pulled panels out and dropped the belly but I seen no wet spots. Gates are dry and top of tank seems to be dry. I filled the tank up as far as I dare to with the water flush system. Its seem like it is venting from some where. When I was filling the black tank I could smell the Pure Power Blue I used in tank.
I have replaced the Studor mini-vent ( not the cheap one ) as I had the smell in under the sink and that stopped. Now i got to find the source of the smell in cargo area.
Is there only one vent on the roof of the 365 units?
how can I tell if the vent pipe has no leaks. I cant tell witch pipe is the vent as there is three running up the wall in center behind pantry wall. Not sure what the three are. I assume one is a vent at least. I can't get my large body in that far to see if I can look up in the wall and follow them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should have one vent for each waste tank.
I would suggest that you get up on the roof, remove the cap from the vents and seal the area around the vent pipe to the roof. Re-install the vent caps.
If there is no seal there then the odors could follow down into your coach.

Peace
Dave

Timeout

You should have one vent for each waste tank.
I would suggest that you get up on the roof, remove the cap from the vents and seal the area around the vent pipe to the roof. Re-install the vent caps.
If there is no seal there then the odors could follow down into your coach.

Peace
Dave

I see only one vent on roof. I will check it out tomorrow. I don't know if all tanks vent through the one roof vent. i see three pipes running up the wall but only one on roof.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had the sewer smell for the first year we owned our Key Largo. Upon the advice of a friend, we changed our roof vents (3) out to the new 360 Siphon vents. Since then we haven't had any smell. The link is to Amazon website. Here is a picture of the 3 guys working on changing the vents out at the 2015 TN Rally.
Men Working.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had the sewer smell for the first year we owned our Key Largo. Upon the advance of a friend, we changed our roof vents (3) out to the new 360 Siphon vents. Since then we haven't had any smell. The link is to Amazon website. Here is a picture of the 3 guys working on changing the vents out at the 2015 TN Rally.
View attachment 49253

I remember that photo . . .

Wasn't there a trick question like . . .

"How many Heartland Owner's Club members does it take to . . . ?" :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Timeout

We had the sewer smell for the first year we owned our Key Largo. Upon the advance of a friend, we changed our roof vents (3) out to the new 360 Siphon vents. Since then we haven't had any smell. The link is to Amazon website. Here is a picture of the 3 guys working on changing the vents out at the 2015 TN Rally.
View attachment 49253

Looking at the picture looks like just the one vent on roof. That's where mine is too. no other vent(s) just the one.
Thanks for the quick response and will get after it tomorrow.

Nabo

Don't ya love the person with his hands in his pockets ;). The supervisor - got to have one in every crowd.

Timeout

79d32b5b5594a45d54d165a0e2b905ce.100
Anyone have anything good to say about these
[h=2]Camco Cyclone Plumbing Vent - 40595[/h] vents verses the 360 siphon vent you suggested.

Noofear

Have these installed on my big horn and I haven't had any problems with the sewer smell inside since seems the problem was possibly related to wind

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Noofear

Have these installed on my big horn and I haven't had any problems with the sewer smell inside since seems the problem was possibly related to wind

20161028_093930.jpg

Timeout

I see you had more than one vent. I'm worried I should have more vents than one. I don't know. Maybe they tied them in to same vent.

thank you for the information. I appreciate it very much.

lynndiwagoner

Isn't there a siphon vent behind the shower controls? I'm thinking that gas leakage from this area could drop down into the storage area.

danemayer

Isn't there a siphon vent behind the shower controls? I'm thinking that gas leakage from this area could drop down into the storage area.
If you mean the anti-siphon valve in the black tank flush line, I believe it's designed to admit air if there's a drop in pressure on the campground side of the line.

Noofear

I've got a 3875 FB the bath and a half model so I have two grey tanks and two black tanks that I put the Cyclone caps on

Timeout

I have three tanks. 2 gray and 1 black. The other stacks must be up near center of roof as I cant see them from the ground. I'll be up there tomorrow.

thanks everybody.

Nabo

I see you had more than one vent. I'm worried I should have more vents than one. I don't know. Maybe they tied them in to same vent.

thank you for the information. I appreciate it very much.

There are three vents on top of the Key Largo. We replaced all three with the 360 Siphon vents.

mlpeloquin

There is one vent for each tank plus one for the close washer. On my Big Horn three are in the center and one is in front on the right front for the close washer drain. So the vents are not visible except one until you actually get on the roof.

Noofear

Just a note since I don't have a washer dryer and the original drain is still plugged I didn't put a Cyclone vent on top of that one