Key Largo delivery options

lwall

It's getting close to delivery time and I wanted to reach out to anyone who has had their rig transported. I will take delivery from RVsforless in Knoxville and have it transported to central California (Oakdale). My other option will be to drive out and get it myself. Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated on transportation options and expectations.

My wife and I are getting a fully equipped Key Largo, including the upgraded axels, disk brakes, and 17.5 wheels. Everyone on the forum has been extremely helpful in guiding us through all the available options, so thank you for your expertise and thoughtfulness, we are looking forward to this new adventure.

Thank you in advance,

Lydell

danemayer

Re: Key Large delivery options

Hi lwall,

I'd recommend you pick it up yourself and stay near Knoxville for several days. That way if you find anything that needs to be corrected, or you have questions, you can easily get things taken care of. Let RVsForLess know your plans so they'll be in agreement to fix you up right away if you need anything.

Seren

Obviously the best option is to pick it up yourself - road trip! It would be a great way to break it in. I will be driving to RVs For Less from Panama City on the 24th to pick-up our Grand Canyon, but at one time was considering to have it delivered. I was told that the driver would go over everything with me and give any training I needed upon delivery. I would think that the main problem with the delivery option is that although RVs For Less does a great job of inspecting the RV before delivery, if you happen to find any problems on your own, you wont be able to have RVs For Less take care of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

We also have ordered a new Landmark from RVs For Less and are waiting on the new baby. We personally know the driver that RVs For Less uses for delivery/transporting who is very versed in the units. He will take time to go over everything with you, explaining all the operations in a patient, timely manner. I really like the way he does things and have learned alot from him over the years.

But I also agree that coming to Knoxville would be a great/better idea. Understanding that it is a long drive but RVs For Less will let you stay a couple of days on their lot getting used to the unit and answering any questions you may have. You also get a couple night stay at a campground in Pigeon Forge, complements of RFLs which will give you a couple more days in the unit before heading back on a cross country trip of a lifetime. Its a hard decision but might be well worth it.

Let us know if you decide to come to Knoxville. We would love to come over and meet y'all, possibly take you out for dinner one night. We don't live too far so this is a e-z due.

wolfrat1

I would opt for driving out and picking it up to. We are picking our up in a couple of weeks. Although I won't have the drive that you would, I believe that going over everything at the dealership would be the way to go. When you inspect, take your time. the old saying, going over everything with a fine tooth comb definitely applies to checking your RV. You spent good money, make sure it is right for you. Ask questions...