Key Largo ods weather strip

LBallard

The off-door slide upper weather strip will not stay attached to its base. It has been repaired twice. Re-attached at the dealer in May 2012 and replaced by Heartland maintenance June 2012 at the Gillette ralley.

The repaired fix only lasted a month before coming loose. The replaced fix by Heartland lasted 4 months.

The weather strip is secured with screws at both ends. It seems to get pushed along the track and tearing the strip from the screws. Possibly road viberation is the culprit.

Any insight as to what may be causing the strip to come loose and a possible more permanate fix? I have a call into the dealer, has not returned my call.

Attachments

• DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0196.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 41

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Keylargo ods weather strip

As you know, that strip is held on with screws. I believe that sometimes the screws are installed a little too deep and they cut into the rubber.
I would try using a washer along with a dab of caulk and re-install the screw in a new position, being carefull not to overtighten.
Don't forget to caulk any old screw holes.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Does the silde need adjustment? Wouldn't there be a bit of pressure on that seal when the slide is closed?

LBallard

Thanks for the input. I'll get with the dealer, I think the slide awning cover needs to be removed to make the necessary repairs. I'm thinking some contact cement on the seal as well..