Keys with Black Knobs on the End

Terrmike

Just picked up our new 3685RL Bighorn. In the bag that contained all of the owners manuals were 2 keys with 1" black round knobs on the ends. No one seems to know what these are for, including the factory representative. Does anyone know what these lock/unlock?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are only a couple of places you might need a key. Have you tried them all?
Entry door, baggage doors, front door under overhang and if you have a safe it could be a backup for that.
Just don't discard the keys because according to Murphy's Law the minute you dump them you will find something locked.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

The long silver colored key opens the safe if you don't remember the combination or the batteries go dead. You absolutely need it.

Thanks for the info Bob, but as it turns out I think I have a different model safe than yours. Mine is a "STACK-ON" and I finally found the documentation which states that the black keys are the master keys and are used for opening it to change the combination or change the batteries if they are dead. Here's a picture of mine with the keyhole exposed.

Attachments

• safefront.JPG
    safefront.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 27