Kinro Windows

brianlajoie

Does anyone have any experience with Kinro window replacement? I have one window that rubs against the other at the bottom. I'm in the process of getting together an estimate for a warranty claim. I'm trying to learn how they are installed so I have an idea of what to expect before I have a tech look at it. I've searched this forum, the web and you tube to no avail. I've also looked at the Hearland web site. Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you have Kinro windows?
Might be best to call Heartland Customer Service and verify that.
574-262-8030.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi brianlajoie,

Not sure what you mean by "getting together an estimate for a warranty claim." If you contact your dealer, they'll get the part, install it, and file for warranty reimbursement from Heartland. If you need to do this at a non-Heartland dealer, or at an independent shop, contact Heartland for prior approval.

If you want to install the window yourself, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may agree to send the window directly to you. But you may have to send pictures so they are clear on the problem, and they'll want to be sure you can install it yourself.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Does anyone have any experience with Kinro window replacement? I have one window that rubs against the other at the bottom. I'm in the process of getting together an estimate for a warranty claim. I'm trying to learn how they are installed so I have an idea of what to expect before I have a tech look at it. I've searched this forum, the web and you tube to no avail. I've also looked at the Hearland web site. Any help would be appreciated.

Look at this link for info.....

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42134-Replacing-a-broken-Kinro-window

brianlajoie

Thank you Dave, Dan & Ann, Brian and Jim,

Dave - I'm sure I have Kinro windows. I've been in contact with Heartland and sent them pictures. The next step is to obtain an estimate to fix.

Dan & Ann - I'm not very close to the dealer, so I'm going to work with a mobile tech if I can find certified one. I don't think I want to tackle doing the fix myself, I don't know what is involved - hence the request for input. I've already contacted Heartland and have their approval to obtain an estimate. It would be good to understand how the windows are installed so I understand the estimate.

Brian - I have the 3000 series framless window. I visted the Pelland web site and saw a sparse drawing on the correct placement of the window into the coach, but not what is involved with the installation.

Jim - Thanks for the link. Been there, done that. :)

I know the wndow is crooked, but is the fix a simple adjustment or a total replacement? Know how they are installed would help me understand. The attached picture is not very descriptive, but it might help. Keep the comments coming...

bad living window.jpg

brianlajoie

Update - The kinro windows are adjustable. Just got my trailer back and the fix was fairly simple. Loosen a couple of screws and gently use some shims = problem fixed.