kitchen and living light switches

chief190

We just got a 2011 3585rl. I wish we had light switches for kitchen and living room that did not require you to open and close closet doors by front door to acess. Has any one moved the switches to the outside of the coat closet. does not look like brain surgeory to me. :confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I often thought about doing that, just never got around to it. Too many other fun things to do.
If you do move your switches, post some pics.

Peace
Dave

bdb2047

I have 2011 landmark.I moved them to short wall to left of doors all ready had thermosat and switch on that wall. .I did have to splice 2 wires were a little short.Not hard to do a lot of wire in space,monitor panel,but plenty of space.

ChopperBill

Put ours here on our older 3055.
282994009.jpg

jnbhobe

We have a 3370 and I moved them to the outside of the cabinent. There was a double wall there so it was real easy but I haven't covered the hole yet. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a Progressive EMS with a remote display to cover it with.

Wharton

We have a 2011 3670 and had the switches moved to below the cabinet. Dealer did it as part of the PDI, no charge.

DougS

Doug S
I have a 2011 Grand Canyon and moved the light switches to the outside of the cabinet to were the step night light switch is. The step night light switch was then moved to the inside of the cabinet. Over the cabinets is a wooden vent cover and the wires are easy to get at from there. The tricky part was getting the vent off, it is screwed and then stapled.
While I was at it, I also separated the outside scare lights to their own switches, there are two wires on one switch. The hardest part was to find a two gang switch, seems most RV stores only had single and triple face plates. I was finally able to find the switch after visiting 5 stores.

DousS