Kitchen Faucet Handle Slow Leak

RVFun4Us

Our kitchen faucet has developed a very slow leak at the handle and leaves a small puddle underneath the handle. Figured I could take off handle and replace an O Ring inside but can't figure out how to remove the guts inside to get to the O Ring. Attaching photos if that might help. Has anyone dealt with this short of buying a whole new faucet?IMG-3012.JPGIMG-3013.JPG

rjr6150

You need to unscrew the top chrome ring. Doing this will allow the cartridge to be removed. I sure water is off.

RVFun4Us

You need to unscrew the top chrome ring. Doing this will allow the cartridge to be removed. I sure water is off.

Took the Chrome ring off. That did not affect anything. The cartridge will not come out and I don't want to force it for fear of breaking it. Waiting for more ideas.

dieseldog

I have the same faucet with the identical leak your experiencing haha. Haven’t gotten around to looking at it just yet, but if no one chimes in I’ll take a look at mine and see what the correct process is to remove the cartridge. Can you tell where it’s leaking from while it’s still together?

wdk450

It would probably help to know the BRAND of faucet. There are several videos on You Tube, but for different brands. This might be marked on the bottom base of the faucet. Also, if you have the whole faucet off, you can take it in to a hardware store for identification and parts.

RVFun4Us

OK, I was able to remove the inner ring, using needle nose pliers to unscrew the 4 tab ring and releasing the cartridge. Now the next question - do I have to replace the whole cartridge? I would guess yes since it seems to be one whole piece. Part number on side is NSF-61/9.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they may sell this cartridge at Lowes per a web search. I will try to get one there and let you know.

nsf-61-9-cartridge-lowes-best-of-kitchen-faucet-cartridge-nsf-61-9-kitchen-faucet-of-nsf-61-9-cartridge-lowes-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3019.JPG
    IMG-3019.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG-3018.JPG
    IMG-3018.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 36

RVFun4Us

It would probably help to know the BRAND of faucet. There are several videos on You Tube, but for different brands. This might be marked on the bottom base of the faucet. Also, if you have the whole faucet off, you can take it in to a hardware store for identification and parts.

Only marking on base of faucet is CLL KW.

dieseldog

I looked on amazon for that part number and it looks like it’s a 35mm cartridge. Looks to be between 10 and 25 bucks depending on who it’s purchased from. Thanks for taking the time to share some pics!

RVFun4Us

Well, struck out at Lowes and HD, nothing even close. Since I cannot determine what brand the faucet is other than CLL KW, which doesn't tell me much, I will look at comparable cartridges made by the major manufacturers like Moen, Kohler, Delta etc. to see if I can get something close, before buying a whole new faucet. Worth a try unless someone knows what CLL KW stands for.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, struck out at Lowes and HD, nothing even close. Since I cannot determine what brand the faucet is other than CLL KW, which doesn't tell me much, I will look at comparable cartridges made by the major manufacturers like Moen, Kohler, Delta etc. to see if I can get something close, before buying a whole new faucet. Worth a try unless someone knows what CLL KW stands for.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/reviews...207093806/1?sort=Most-helpful&reviewsRating=0

You can order it and have it shipped to a local store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVFun4Us

https://www.homedepot.com/p/reviews...207093806/1?sort=Most-helpful&reviewsRating=0

You can order it and have it shipped to a local store.

I thought the one I found at Lowes on-line would work but then found out there are many look-alikes out there depending on brand of faucet. Think I will reach out to Heartland and see if they can tell me the brand of faucet or what CLL KW stands for if related to a particular brand of faucet. May also try a plumbing store.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did the one from Lowes have the NSF 61-9 code on it? That’s what I searched for.

RVFun4Us

Did the one from Lowes have the NSF 61-9 code on it? That’s what I searched for.

John - I searched for NSF-61/9 on google and it comes up with many different cartridges but separates by brand. It turns out the Lowes search went to a third party and really was not an option. I have sent an email to Heartland via Terry Hayes to determine brand of faucet for my rig and whether they have the cartridges there. She worked with me a couple of years ago so I hope she is still there. If someone else knows another parts contact at Heartland other than Terry, please let me know.

RVFun4Us

This came in our ‘17 BH packet

5a4418d7573835d0d334bffc72cdb1c8.jpg
04b90139db866879e130c6e57a1e6276.jpg
6bb96a2cd4862c3711e439720cb38d50.jpg

Looks exactly like ours, which makes sense since you are only 1 year newer. Does it show the brand faucet anywhere on that paperwork? That would help in ordering a specific part. Thanks for the info.

RVFun4Us

The manufacturer is pH7. Weird name but that yielded all kinds of results for parts on amazon and eBay.

I looked under pH 7 on Amazon and they did not show anything close to what I am looking for. pH 7 is a strange name for a faucet, never heard of before. Wonder if that could be a model number or something?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looks exactly like ours, which makes sense since you are only 1 year newer. Does it show the brand faucet anywhere on that paperwork? That would help in ordering a specific part. Thanks for the info.

The manufacturer is pH7. Weird name but that yielded all kinds of results for parts on amazon and eBay.

Nope. Only that one 2-sided piece of paper. Install notes and parts breakdown

pH7 yep. All over the internet as are the reviews. Chinese throw away junk likely.

Go buy a new Delta faucet.