Kitchen Slide roller came out - how did you protect floor?

ksucats

2015 Landmark 365 -- large kitchen slide with residential refrigerator. Heard a pop this evening when putting slide out and found a roller assembly sitting of the floor. Slide is out and we'll have to get it back in to move unit home before fixing it. What has anyone used to protect the floor when having to bring such a slide back in. I think I've seen a post long-ago where someone mentioned some type of slippery vinyl sheet that could be placed on the floor and the slide would ride on top of it. Can't find such a post though.

Suggestions appreciated.

Ron

LBR

2015 Landmark 365 -- large kitchen slide with residential refrigerator. Heard a pop this evening when putting slide out and found a roller assembly sitting of the floor. Slide is out and we'll have to get it back in to move unit home before fixing it. What has anyone used to protect the floor when having to bring such a slide back in. I think I've seen a post long-ago where someone mentioned some type of slippery vinyl sheet that could be placed on the floor and the slide would ride on top of it. Can't find such a post though.

Suggestions appreciated.

Ron
Amazon...Screenshot_20231111-065920.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might try a sheet of the plastic material that were meant for office chairs to roll on when on carpet.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Most home improvement stores have sheet metal that you can temporarily duct tape down to the flooring.

ksucats

Thank you all for your replies -- ended up using a couple of the slide-out slickers mentioned above and a larger 'For Sale' plastic sign we found at Home Depot to lay on top of them - worked like magic to bring in the slide. Just hope everything goes out as easily to be repaired. Again, thanks.

ksucats

An update - took the coach to our local RV repair facility and they are unable to repair the roller damage - seems that it took out a good portion of the sub floor and they feel that there is not enough material to hold the roller in place and guarantee it won't do more damage. They did say that there are several much larger rollers under the slide, one very close to where this one was, and that it is supporting the slide without problems, However, they did suggest I get with Heartland and see what they recommend. That said, I JUST spent 36 minutes listening to music while holding for Heartland Customer Service and gave up. Will try again later. Again, I appreciate all of your comments and help. Happy Holidays and safe travels.